Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 86247 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
I'm going with Tommy over Monfils as well. Yes Monfils can be very dangerous, as he showed in Paris but I think Haas is playing well enough to win this one and possibly face Rafa in the 3rd round.

That is the best thing I am lookin' forward to !  ;-()  I had few wishes in life,most of them were came true,but one of them is still a dream to me:Tommy Haas beating Nadal,if that could ever happen,I will be the happiest human being on planet !  :))

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 08:17:10 AM by Lugburz »
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Federer May Be Struggling, but He Is Still Ranked No. 1

by Tommy Haas“Nadal is having one of those years that Federer has had for the last four years,” said Tommy Haas of Germany, who is ranked No. 42. “If he can have a decent hardcourt season and do well at the Masters Series, he deserves to be No. 1. I’m sure Roger would be the first one to admit that.”

But Haas raised some caution flags, adding: “We’ll see if he can make that happen. We all know what Roger has done the last four years. I don’t think he’s worried about the No. 1 ranking. I think he’s frustrated that he hasn’t won a big tournament yet this year. I think that’s all that matters to him.”

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:10:20 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Yeah baby :thums-up: Tommy won his match as Monfils retires after 5-1 lead to Tommy ! I am not happy that much because of the win but I am happy that I saw perfect play and performance from Tommy ! He will now be able to prepare him self 100% for Nadal match(if so)
Awaiting for the post-match interview,pictures and other stuff !  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
That was a nice and easy, pain free afternoon/evening for you and Tommy then Lugburz  :)) I'll take a nice easy one please for Maria tonight too  :))
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Hope your Maria will got herself through as well ;-()
It was pain free I can assure you  :)) Now,awaiting for that 'clay monster'  :mad1: We'll see what he can do against my 'HC monster' !  :)) :)>>>>

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
It was pain free I can assure you  :)) Now,awaiting for that 'clay monster'  :mad1: We'll see what he can do against my 'HC monster' !  :)) :)>>>>

I so hope you're right about Maria later on tonight- there's a lot of doubts fitness and confidence wise so this is a big few weeks for Maria  :)
Tommy and Rafa could be such a good match in Cincy- I'd love to see that one and whether Tommy will be able to get the better of the Clay/Grass and Hardcourt Monster  :rofl_2:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

I so hope you're right about Maria later on tonight- there's a lot of doubts fitness and confidence wise so this is a big few weeks for Maria  :)
Tommy and Rafa could be such a good match in Cincy- I'd love to see that one and whether Tommy will be able to get the better of the Clay/Grass and Hardcourt Monster  :rofl_2:

:))  Yeah it will be nice one indeed ! Soooo lookin' forward to it !  ;-() And as I said I would be the happiest man on planet if Tommy can win that one(actually I said human being  :rofl_2: )

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Federer May Be Struggling, but He Is Still Ranked No. 1

by Tommy Haas“Nadal is having one of those years that Federer has had for the last four years,” said Tommy Haas of Germany, who is ranked No. 42. “If he can have a decent hardcourt season and do well at the Masters Series, he deserves to be No. 1. I’m sure Roger would be the first one to admit that.”

But Haas raised some caution flags, adding: “We’ll see if he can make that happen. We all know what Roger has done the last four years. I don’t think he’s worried about the No. 1 ranking. I think he’s frustrated that he hasn’t won a big tournament yet this year. I think that’s all that matters to him.”

I saw this quote earlier but was hesitant to post it... You know how some of the back-and-forth arguments have been going on in other threads.  I didn't want that to happen here! :rofl_2:  But so far...so good! :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Well the way  I see it,Tommy an Roger are very good friends,and it is OK that he defended Roger from the pressure by the media and everyone... And he will do everything in his upcoming match  :Boxing: :Devil: to help Roger stay at No1 ! !  :))

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Well the way  I see it,Tommy an Roger are very good friends,and it is OK that he defended Roger from the pressure by the media and everyone... And he will do everything in his upcoming match  :Boxing: :Devil: to help Roger stay at No1 ! !  :))

Sounds good to me! :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

Sounds good to me! :))
Then we have a deal !  ;-()   :))

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas has it easy in quick win over queasy opponent

Cincinnati, Ohio - German Tommy Haas secured near-effortless passage into the third round of the Cincinnati Masters on Wednesday as France's Gael Monfils retired trailing 5-1 with a bad stomach.

The French Open semi-finalist began calling for a doctor on court at the end of the third game, only able to tough it out for less than half an hour before throwing in the towel.

Haas awaits an opponent as second seed Rafael Nadal aims for a 30th straight victory, as he opens play after winning his seventh title of the season at the weekend in Toronto.

The Spaniard is facing Frenchman Florent Serra, ranked 84th.

Monfils obviously had some stomach problem,but I was more then satisfied with Tommy's game...As I could have seen within 6games Tommy played attacking tennis and that is what he will need against Nadal...The thing is that Tommy likes faster courts so that he can play attacking tennis and rushing all time to the net with great volleys and baseline footwork...
Bottom line Tommy deserved that through,because even if Monfils didn't had stomach problem,Tommy was simply better...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Congrats today on a Haas win Lugburz :)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Yeah,thanks m8  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
AUF GEHT'S TOMMY ! ! ....C'MON  TOMMY YOU CAN DO IT!

CENTER COURT start 11:00 am
[7] J Blake (USA) vs E Gulbis (LAT)
Not Before 1:00 PM
A Seppi (ITA) vs [3] N Djokovic (SRB)
[1] R Federer (SUI) vs [16] I Karlovic (CRO)
Not Before 7:00 PM
T Haas (GER) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP) :Devil:
[1] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) vs [8] M Fyrstenberg (POL) / M Matkowski (POL)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Interview after the match with Monfils

July 30, 2008

Tommy Haas

CINCINNATI, OHIO

T. HAAS/G. Monfils
5-1 (ret)

THE MODERATOR: Questions please.

Q. You went back out on the court to hit. The match was shorter than you anticipated. Even after that three-setter you felt like you needed more work today to get ready for possibly Nadal?
TOMMY HAAS: Uh-huh, yeah. Well, I had a day off yesterday as well. Didn't expect to win like this. It's never nice to win this way, to know that he was suffering or sick.
So just trying to focus on my game, and I actually started off pretty well playing my game. Then when he got the first -- when the trainer started to coming on court I knew something might be bothering him. I overheard them saying he's going to try and see how he feels after this game. You know, didn't expect him to maybe retire at that time, but it's always tough when you're sick or have something to continue.

Q. Last time you played Nadal was two years ago here, I think. Have you been surprised at how much, how fast he's been improving since then?
TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, it's nice. I'm looking forward to playing him against. It's been a while. Obviously he's the man to beat right now. He's been playing unbelievable tennis and winning five titles in row.
So we'll see what I can do. You know, I'm just going to go out there and try my best and try to make his life a little tougher.

Q. You haven't played him in a couple years, but have you seen, watched, heard, how has he improved that much? What is he doing that much better than everyone else the last couple years?
TOMMY HAAS: Well, I can probably tell you more about that after I play him, and then I'll see if his balls are even more heavy. Obviously he moves unbelievable on the court and makes very few unforced errors and has just so much spin and power on the ball that it's really tough to play your own game.
That's really the key: Trying to be aggressive and trying to come in. He seems to always have an answer and is just such a good competitor. When this guy has confidence as well with just winning every tournament that he's been playing the last five or six or whatever, you know, it's going to be tough.
But you know that going into it, and you just try to figure out a good game plan and hope for the best and hope you can play some of your own best tennis and then see what happens.

Q. On a day like today after a win like that, would you almost have rather have played the match? Do you feel better getting the day of rest, or would you feel better having completed the match?
TOMMY HAAS: I mean, in the end, like I said, it's never good to win this way. Overall that's just the way it is. I went out and on the court and played another half and hour, 45 minutes. Tough conditions out there right now. It's a little bit windy and looks like it could rain any minute.
So, you know, overall I'm just pleased to be in the third round. The first match against Youzhny was a very tight one and a very good one for me. Happy to be here and having another chance to play maybe Nadal. He has to win tonight first anyway.

Q. You going to watch any of that match tonight?
TOMMY HAAS: I might, yeah.

I am glad that he is finding the way how to beat Nadal...I know that he will try anything to win this one ! Come on ! ! ! !

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Thanks to dmastous for this pictures  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Congrats to your boy!  He put up a good fight against Nadal! :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

You won't believe me,but I am more than happy  :trampoline: That was what I've always looked forward.Tommy looked pretty confident and calm(in his case,that's pretty difficult part  :))) His game was ,amazing an attractive to watch.He showed what is good ol' tennis :thumbs-up:
Well this tour is over,but I can't describe how I am lookin forward to next one...Tommy is ready to give us pleasant surprises as he has returned to high level.This game vs Nadal was very important to him,so that he can recover some confidence and faith in his game.And baby guess what?His game is back,and he should be ready for next challenge  ;-()  I'll always be there for you Tommy !  :))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 08:11:57 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God

You won't believe me,but I am more than happy  :trampoline: That was what I've always looked forward.Tommy looked pretty confident and calm(in his case,that's pretty difficult part  :))) His game was ,amazing an attractive to watch.He showed what is good ol' tennis :yeah:
Well this tour is over,but I can't describe how I am lookin forward to next one...Tommy is ready to give u pleasant surprises as he has returned to high level.This game vs Nadal was very important to him,so that he can recover some confidence and faith in his game.And baby guess what?His game is back,and he should be ready for next challenge  ;-()  I'll always be there for you Tommy !  :))

That's the spirit!  We both will always be there for our boys! ://