Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 76415 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Yeah miticfam I know Nole is our countryman but this is tennis  ;-() I'll be definitely cheering for tennis  :gleam:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Yeah miticfam I know Nole is our countryman but this is tennis  ;-() I'll be definitely cheering for tennis  :gleam:
That's the spirit Lug! ://

You are a model fan to me.  You don't toot the Haas horn in a negative way and I've never seen you put down another player or fan.

Kudos to you!

Go Tommy!!! :)>>>>
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy vs Andreev(more)

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
That's the spirit Lug! ://

You are a model fan to me.  You don't toot the Haas horn in a negative way and I've never seen you put down another player or fan.

Kudos to you!

Go Tommy!!! :)>>>>

THX  :shiny:

Anyway its difficult to toot Tommy in a negative way. There's good quote at Mtf that I'm using for a sig:''Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.''
So whatever Tommy does in a negative way(talking with umpires,eating balls,talking to himself,beating himself) its a another joy to watch for me.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline miticfam

• Tennis God
Well I don't like Nole just b/c he is from Serbia, I like his game and personality, but I hate some thing about him too, well I will not cheer for anyone, better one will win, and whoever is that I'm happy

FEDERER THE GOAT, 16 GSs, Career Slam, 21 GS finals, 23! consecutive GS SFs
My favs: Federer, Djokovic, DelPotro, Haas, Ana, Henin:)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Well I don't like Nole just b/c he is from Serbia, I like his game and personality, but I hate some thing about him too, well I will not cheer for anyone, better one will win, and whoever is that I'm happy

so what do you hate about him?  ..-)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline miticfam

• Tennis God

His family, sometimes his behaviour on court, laziness etc

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

His family, sometimes his behaviour on court, laziness etc

yes make sense  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline miticfam

• Tennis God
Congrats Lugburz!!! Haas played great today, he served great his net play was great... And as I said the better player won, Djoko simply gave that 2nd set to Haas... But Hass played really great. Well almost I forgot congrats to Girls and MOnster

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Congrats Lugburz!!! Haas played great today, he served great his net play was great... And as I said the better player won, Djoko simply gave that 2nd set to Haas... But Hass played really great. Well almost I forgot congrats to Girls and MOnster

Thanks!! Well as you can guess I'm probably the happiest man on Earth right now,Tommy in the semis of Wimby is just so amazing !
I'm proud of his game,that backhand was a real killer today,once again awesome play on th net. S
So,Roger watch out,here comes the TOMMY HAAS!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
I'm really happy for Tommy and you Luggy after a great win today. Haas was so impressive and I was impressed with how much he got to net. First Wimby Semi- congrats :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline miticfam

• Tennis God

Thanks!! Well as you can guess I'm probably the happiest man on Earth right now,Tommy in the semis of Wimby is just so amazing !
I'm proud of his game,that backhand was a real killer today,once again awesome play on th net. S

Sorry Lug, my cheering for Haas ends here, I like Tommy but I like Roger more

Offline tommy Girl

• Tennis Player
  • Auf geht's!!!
    • Me
Well thanks :)) It was absolutely great and amazing!!!! I hope you can live with this outcome aswell as you couldnt choose between them both :)

Can't wait till tomorrow!! I hope it will be a thrilling match (more than RG), I think Fed and Haas both played a fantastic tournament so far..

Offline tommy Girl

• Tennis Player
  • Auf geht's!!!
    • Me
Quote from: Lugburz
://

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas’s Comeback Trail Leads Straight to Federer

WIMBLEDON, England — The bad spell has finally been broken for Tommy Haas at Wimbledon. Facing two match points in near darkness against Marin Cilic of Croatia in the third round, Haas, one of the game’s most versatile talents, came up with ways to save them both on Court 1, then come back the next day, Saturday, and finish the job.

In the same place on Wednesday for the quarterfinals, Haas found himself down, 3-6, in the second-set tie breaker against fourth-seeded Novak Djokovic of Serbia, only to come up with ways to win the next five points and take a commanding lead.

Haas eventually closed out his 7-5, 7-6 (6), 4-6, 6-3 upset and claimed his first spot in the Wimbledon semifinals at the advanced tennis age of 31.

“You never know what’s around the corner for you if you keep believing and keep fighting,” said Haas, a German who has long lived and trained in the United States. “Who would have thought I’d be in the semifinals here at this stage of my career?”

It is certainly no surprise to see Haas’s next opponent, Roger Federer, still in contention at this stage. On Wednesday, Federer defused Ivo Karlovic in straight sets and improved on one of the most phenomenal records in tennis by reaching the semifinals of his 21st consecutive Grand Slam tournament. The closest men to him are Ivan Lendl and Rod Laver, whose streaks did not go past 10.

“I’m really proud of this streak because it’s not going to be easy to beat it,” Federer said.

That is an understatement. “I just don’t see it happening,” said John McEnroe, the former Wimbledon champion, commenting on the BBC.

Clearly comfortable in his skin and even more at ease behind the baseline, Federer has swept through the draw at the All England Club with the loss of only one set. He is on such a roll that he even managed to break Karlovic’s mammoth serve in only his second attempt Wednesday.

Karlovic, the 6-foot-10 Croat, had not lost his serve on grass yet this year, not at Queen’s Club and not at Wimbledon. But Federer can do things with a few flicks of his wrist that are well out of reach of most men, and he rode the momentum generated by that early break to an impressive 6-3, 7-5, 7-6 (3) victory.

That was no great surprise to Karlovic, who has lost 9 of 10 matches against Federer. “I mean, he’s maybe the best player ever, but on the grass, he’s, you know, by far the best, I think,” Karlovic said.

That is debatable, considering that Pete Sampras won seven Wimbledon singles titles and Federer is still holding at five. But Federer is within close range of breaking Sampras’s record of 14 Grand Slam singles titles, which Federer tied last month with his emotional and unexpected victory at the French Open.

“It’s not there yet, still far away,” Federer said. “Many points, many serves, many forehands. We’ll see.”

Haas, with a 2-9 record against Federer, will be a heavy underdog in Friday’s semifinals.

In the other semifinal, the Scotsman Andy Murray, who eliminated the Spanish veteran Juan Carlos Ferrero, 7-5, 6-3, 6-2 , will face Andy Roddick, a 6-3, 6-7 (10), 7-6 (1), 4-6, 6-4 winner over Lleyton Hewitt, the 2002 Wimbledon champion from Australia.

“If you would have told me two years ago that ‘You can’t play him in the fourth round but you’ll be able to play him two years from now in the semifinals,’ I would have said, ‘Fine,’ ” Haas said of meeting Federer. “It was a tough injury I had here, but life is crazy and this sport is crazy.”

Haas has had other problems at Wimbledon through the years: in 2002 he withdrew after his parents were involved in a major motorcycle accident; in 2005, he injured himself after stepping on a ball while warming up and retired before the second round.

“There’s a lot of bad luck involved,” Haas said. “I always felt like, deep down, Wimbledon will maybe still have something left for me. It better come up soon, because I’m not getting any younger.”

Haas and the 27-year-old Federer are on friendly terms, communicating in German or, more often, English. But each has dealt big emotional blows to the other on the tennis court. At the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Haas defeated Federer in straight sets in the semifinals and Federer ended up with no medal.

Haas, the son of a tennis coach, left Germany at age 13 to train at Nick Bollettieri’s tennis academy in Bradenton, Fla. Haas reached No. 2 in the world in 2002, but with the summit in view he was hurled back to base camp by a career-threatening rotator cuff problem, which required two operations and forced him to miss the 2003 season. But though Haas worked his way back into the top 10 in recent years, the big, defining title has never come. He remains a remarkable, crowd-pleasing talent with a flashy one-handed backhand and a wide range of tactical options, but he has been a serial supporting actor, just as he was at the French Open this year when he was ahead by two sets to love on Federer in the fourth round with a break point to go up, 5-3, in the third set.

Instead, Federer hit the shot of the tournament: an inside-out forehand winner from an extreme position that set him on course for a five-set comeback and the only major title he lacked.

“For me that would have been a great success, beating Roger,” Haas said. “It’s in the past. It’s done. But being a friend of his and knowing how much it meant to him winning the French Open, I’m happy he made that shot.”

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas the 'perfect player' on grass - Djokovic

LONDON, July 1 (Reuters) - Fourth seed Novak Djokovic paid Tommy Haas the highest of compliments on Wednesday, calling the German a 'perfect player' on grass and saying he has a chance of upsetting Roger Federer in the Wimbledon semis.
The Serbian was gracious in defeat after his shock quarter-final loss to the 31-year-old German, but he really beat himself up for being so nervous.
"When I needed to step it up in the important games, I was too nervous in these moments. He took his chances and played better," Djokovic said after losing 7-5 7-6 4-6 6-3.
It was the second time in a month that Djokovic had lost on grass to Haas, victor last month in the final at Halle.
"I think he's a perfect player for this surface," Djokovic said.
Haas, reaching his first Wimbledon semi-final at his 11th attempt after a career often blighted by injury, now faces five-times Wimbledon champion Federer, whom he took to five sets in the French Open last month.
Djokovic was bold in his forecast of the semi-final result, saying of Haas: "I think he has, even in the next match, he has good chances if he serves well. He just needs to keep his consistency."
Haas, revelling in his dream run at Wimbledon after so many near misses in the past, got a little weary with reporters constantly wanting to analyse his Paris match with Federer.
"Enough of the French," he said.
With his self-confidence on a real high, Haas said he was playing great tennis.
"I always felt like deep down maybe Wimbledon will maybe still have something left for me," he said.
But with the clock ticking on his career, he added: "It better come up soon as I am not getting any younger."

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy at Wimbledon,England,UK:
1st Round:def. Peya 6-7 7-6 6-3 6-4
2nd Round:def. Llodra 4-3 ret.
3rd Round:def. Cilic 7-5 7-5 1-6 6-7 10-8
4th Round:def. Andreev 7-6 6-4 6-4
Quarter Fnl:def Djokovic 7-5 7-6 4-6 6-3

next up :vs Roger!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
vs Nole :

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
vs Nole :

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
vs Nole :

TOMMY HAAS