Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 89790 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy's take on the USO....

"I gave it my all"
Hey Fans,
I don't want to neglect you: after a short time off I will now give you some more news. By now I have dealt with my drop out in New York. I returned home to Florida immediately after my last match. There were a few things I had to deal with at home. Then I took the first flight to Los Angeles, to see Sara. Despite her having a lot on professionally at the moment we still manage to spend some time together. Among other things we went to see Andrea Bocelli together last week. At times it is good to step back a little, too.

It wasn't easy to get over the defeat by Verdasco because I really enjoy playing at the US Open. But even after reassessing it again and again I have come to the conclusion that I cannot really reproach myself. I gave it my all. It is frustrating, of course, to be serving on match ball twice, to even be ahead on break in the fifth game and nonetheless to eventually go home empty handed. I have to admit, that in the crucial moments, Fernando simply always played better. You just get these days where you think: I don't believe it!

Never mind. I have to look ahead again. I will be off to Asia soon. I will be playing in Tokyo and Shanghai. Towards the end of the season I will also be playing in Stockholm, Valencia or Basel and at the last Masters in Paris. Let's see how far I can get there.

By the way, I thought Juan Martin del Petro's performance in New York was impressive. That this boy defeated Roger in five sets is evidence of his class. He will get very far in the years to come should he stay without injury. Of course, my respect also goes to Roger who played a fantastic tournament. The pass through his legs in the semifinals against Djokovic was mind blowing. You won't manage a trick like that more than five to ten times in a lifetime and there is no way of practicing it. It's funny that I managed something like that in a match against him a few years ago, too … Of course, I still count that hit to the top ten of my best shots ever.

I think it is great that you never stop sending me questions. A few of them will make it onto this homepage in the next days, including answers, of course. Just check under "Ask Tommy"!

See you soon,

Tommy
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
10-07-2009 | "I am totally missing the feeling of competition"

Hey fans!

So, everything is packed and I am leaving for the airport shortly. I am going to stay in Los Angeles for a few days before going on to Asia. Sara is shooting on the West coast at the moment and I want to see her again prior to my trip to Shanghai and the tournaments in Europe as I don't know when we will be able to spend a little more time together again.

I am really looking forward to the Shanghai Masters. Especially, because it is a whole new experience for me to play in this massive Chinese industrial city. But also, because I am eager to play matches again. My break from tennis was long enough. And just training is not the real deal either. I can hardly wait to go out there and to fight for entering the next round. I am totally missing the feeling of competition. Although I need some space at times I quickly realize again and again, that I cannot live without tennis.

Subsequently, I will proceed to Europe. First stop is Stockholm, then Basel in Switzerland – I think this tournament will be well manned this year. Paris should be the icing on the cake then. I hope I will still be able to turn around a few successful matches in 2009. Indoor tournaments are my cup of tea normally and the consistent temperatures are in my favor, too. Furthermore, I don't have any noteworthy injuries at present.

By the way, I have managed to answer some of your questions again. As always you can read up on it in the "ask Tommy" column. I always receive so many mails that it is impossible to find the time to answer all of them. All the same, you are welcome to go on like this. But please forgive my web-team and me, if we can't include every question.

I will be back with a detailed China review after the Shanghai Masters!

All the best,

Tommy

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy Haas advances to round two

10-13-2009 - Tommy Haas made it into the second round of the Shanghai Masters without much effort. The German from Hamburg easily won against his fellow countryman Benjamin Becker in two sets 7-6 (5), 6-4.  The World No. 18 will face Rainer Schüttler from Korbach in the next round. But the tournament isn't all over for the guy from Mettlach: Together with Haas he defeated the Chinese Li and Wang 7-6 (5), 6-0 in the first round of the doubles yesterday.

Tommy in Shanghai:
1st Round:def. B Becker 7-6 6-4
2nd Round:vs R Schuettler

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Shanghai 1st Round:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

10-14-2009 | Haas retires after the first set - but gives the all-clear

Tommy Haas failed to reach the round of sixteen in Shanghai. An injury forced the 31-year-old to retire after the first set in the match against his fellow countryman Rainer Schüttler, two years Tommy's senior, with the score 6-4 in favor of Schüttler.

Yet Tommy Haas sounded the all-clear a few hours after the match. "It was just a precautionary measure," he said about retiring. "I felt a bit of pain again in the shoulder and didn't want to take a gamble. This is why I had to quit the match." Haas expressed optimism regarding the tournaments coming up in the next weeks. "I have to see how this develops, but I still plan to participate in the Stockholm ATP tournament. I don't give up that easily."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
:PHEW:)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
"I like Tommy Haas. Yesterday, I was working at his match. That was my first time seeing him that close. I was so excited. Haas is a very nice person, which made me feel at ease. He is so easy to talk to, considering that he is a tennis star." - Ballboy

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
"I like Tommy Haas. Yesterday, I was working at his match. That was my first time seeing him that close. I was so excited. Haas is a very nice person, which made me feel at ease. He is so easy to talk to, considering that he is a tennis star." - Ballboy

I like that! Thanks Luggy!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy at the If Stockholm Open:
1st Round:def. F Serra  6-3 6-4
next up: vs Nieminen

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas shoulders out Serra   ----- :rofl_2:

Tommy Haas eased through to the second round of the Stockholm Open with a straight sets victory over Florent Serra.

Having been forced to pull out of the Shanghai Masters last week with a shoulder problem, the German proved his fitness with a crushing 6-3 6-4 win.

The second seed - a two-time semi-finalist in Sweden - hammered down 17 aces to triumph in just 55 minutes.

Haas retired last week in China during his second-round clash with Rainer Schuettler, though his withdrawal was a precautionary measure.

Improvement

"It's okay, it's holding up," he commented when asked about the injury.

"There were a lot of nice quick points today which suited me well and I'm happy with how I played, but there's still room for improvement."

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy Haas also withdraws from Basel

10-30-2009 - Tommy Haas also needs to pull out of the ATP tournament in Basel as the 31-year old still suffers from the flu.  "I will continue to rest in the circle of my family”, the Wimbledon semi-finalist states, who already had to retire after the first round in Stockholm due to health problems. "I hope I will be back in form for Paris at the end of the season”, the German living in Florida says.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy
« Reply #770 on: November 02, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »
Ich kann es nicht glauben!!  :Confused:

For how many times I'll have to repeat myself: What the hell have I done to God so he's punishing me like this!  :mad1: Who's God anyway?!

new update: Tommy Haas has a swine flu. Means season is over, through what else he has to go, to avoid all the jinx and bad luck??!
Oh boy, Tommy hang in there mate, I've already crossed my fingers for ya, get well soon!!!!

Haas, 31, confirmed he was ill to the newspaper. “I underwent tests because I suspected I had swine flu. The test was postive.”

“Obviously, it was a shock. However, I’m more relaxed, because if you are in a good physical condition like me, it is possible to overcome the disease relatively quickly.”
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 05:43:20 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #771 on: November 02, 2009, 11:26:49 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0nUvC2oiD8&feature=related[/youtube]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:29:14 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy
« Reply #772 on: November 03, 2009, 07:37:12 AM »
Haas recovering from swine flu

BERLIN — German tennis player Tommy Haas has gone down with swine flu, Bild newspaper reported on Tuesday on its website.

"I started feeling unwell last week during the tournament in Stockholm," the 31-year-old former world top tenner said. "My throat felt rough, I had shivers during the night and a fever.

"For three days I really felt bad and I couldn't even manage to get out of my hotel room."

Haas said that he made it back to Munich where tests confirmed that he had contracted the virus.

Despite that, the German is hopeful of being back in action soon.

"When you are someone who is as physically fit a I am you can quite easily get over this flu," he said.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #773 on: November 03, 2009, 01:31:46 PM »
another update: Tommy Haas may play in Paris.  :confused1: After all the fuss that was in recent days ,he said he's feeling better now, and he didn't have swine flu as the press broke the news.
Obviously, he's recovering from so called H1N1 virus, and will be practicing for Paris.. :)

The other funny-shocking yellow pages reported that Tommy's swine flu was just a persuasion motive for the Germans to get a vaccination  :rofl_2:

But true part is sure, Tommy had some kind of virus or flu, turns out not to be swine flu, so he's all in good spirits to take his chances in Paris!
He'll speak to his fans soon, so more updates later..... 

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #774 on: November 03, 2009, 06:51:54 PM »
Now Tommy has spoken, with positive vibes and precise information about the press hoax. So damn relieved, he's ok and ready fr Paris!  :lmao:

11-03-2009 | Tommy Haas gives the all clear

Hey fans,

I'm getting in touch to relieve you of some of your worries. During the last hours news of me suffering from swine flu were featured in the press. This is only partially true, as I am feeling much better by now. A few days ago my GP here in Munich did confirm that I was carrying the H1N1-Virus but a further test yesterday showed that my blood test results are back to normal again and that I managed to get rid of the swine flu virus. That's why I was already training for my comeback in the gym today.

So I am well on the way to claim my starting position in Paris. This wouldn't have been possible only a few days ago. After retiring from the match against Nieminen in Stockholm I tried to recover from the alleged flu in my hotel for 3 days.  But it just got worse and worse. My head felt really heavy, I had a high fever and very nasty body aches.

On Saturday I finally flew to Munich to get a check-up by my local GP. At that point I already suspected that I caught the virus in Stockholm, but I wanted to make sure. The result was positive, which shocked me initially. But I was relieved when I heard that I would probably bounce back quickly due to my good constitution.

So I am in a good mood again. From tomorrow I will be able to see my older sister, who has just gotten pregnant again, my nephew and my little niece. To date, I had to avoid my family as the risk of infection was simply too high.  And I am so relieved that Sarah didn't catch it. She even came to Munich to comfort me. And it really worked.

I am determined to play in Paris-Bercy as I don't want to end the season like this, of course. I am in good spirits. Let's see whether that will suffice for the tournament. Afterwards Sarah and I will cross the pond again as the weekend after next her dad is celebrating his sixtieth Birthday party in Miami. I have a surprise in store that I won't give away here, of course. Who knows, he might be checking...

Many thanks in any case for your good wishes. Fortunately, they are no longer acute.

See you soon and take care.

Tommy

---------------------------------------------------------
it seems our prayers have been proven perfectly for Tommy as we sent a lot of mails describing our concerns and sympathies to his illness. So, I asked recently Who's God anyway?... it seems ''he's'' not giving up on me yet!  ..-)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #775 on: November 12, 2009, 08:29:36 AM »

It is shame that this year had to end like this, but what the hell,I'm to damn proud of his courage to even play this tour after all those troubles. I'm sure 2010 will be good as 2009 and maybe even better. I'm always sensitive when it's about Tommy, so this time you won't hear any bad words.
But one thing is certain, we can look forward to new year like we haven't had that feeling in the past few years,so I'm already fired up for the next season!!

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #776 on: November 26, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »
Luggy, did you go skiing?

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #777 on: November 26, 2009, 02:34:55 PM »
No, not yet, it's  just... I was laptopless  :) these days.

But skiing is definitely my top priority  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #778 on: December 11, 2009, 07:54:20 PM »
OK, this is so wonderful !   some of the quotes by Tommy from TM:(I had to google it for a translation from French but it's not that bad I guess)
I feel that as and when it gets older, it gives more weight to larger tournaments.

For young people starting out, the road is really long. I'm happy to still be in the know, at my age. And I hope to be again next year.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #779 on: December 13, 2009, 01:29:21 AM »
Tommy Haas in action for a good cause

12-10-2009 - On Tuesday evening Tommy Haas participated in the "WTT Smash Hits" in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, a charity event by the "Elton John AIDS foundation". As part of the team of patron Sir Elton John the 31-year old confidently won all matches against the players of the team put together by tennis icon Billie Jean King. Apart from the German other participants playing for a good cause included Serena Williams, Anna Kournikova, Andy Roddick, Chanda Rubin, Liezel Huber and Lindsay Davenport. That evening, the annual "WTT Smash Hits" in Baton Rouge eventually raised more than 600.000 US Dollar for the foundation of the musician.

:)

TOMMY HAAS