Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 83476 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
UP NEXT: Match of the tournament  ;-()
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas and Tsonga Set For 3rd Round Clash

Former Australian Open runner up will take on Germany's Tommy Haas in the Semi Finals of the Australian Open. Tsonga reached the final back in 2008, when he beat the British Number 1 Andy Murray, in 4 sets, and the World Number 2 Rafael Nadal in the Semi Finals in straight sets however the Frenchman then lost the title match to a rampant Novak Djokovic in 4 sets. Tsonga also reached the Quarter Finals in Australia last year, but lost to the in form Fernando Verdasco in 4 sets. Haas, himself a veteran of the tour, has reached the Australian Open Semi Finals on 3 previous occasions, losing 2 of them to the world number 1 Roger Federer. Haas also lost heavily to Fernando Gonzalez of Chilie in the Semi Finals back in 2007. Gonzalez went on to lose in the final to Federer in straight sets. The German will need to bring his A game to Melbourne if he is to upset Tsonga and progress to round 4.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
UP NEXT: Match of the tournament  ;-()

should be phenomenal ..  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tsonga beats Haas to reach fourth round

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga booked his place in the last 16 of the Australian Open after defeating Tommy Haas in an entertaining four-set clash.

World No.10 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga played some excellent tennis to dispose of Germany’s Tommy Haas 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 7-5.

Tsonga served magnificently during the first set, firing down seven aces and dropping just five points. Haas produced some intelligent tennis to stay with him in the early stages, but Tsonga brought up the first break points of the match at 4-4. The German managed to save two of them, but a wonderful reaction volley earned Tsonga the advantage. The 2008 Australian Open runner-up then managed to serve out the set without any difficulty.

The second set was equally fascinating. Although Tsonga managed to save one break point at 2-3 with a big ace down the middle, he couldn’t respond in his next service game. Haas played a clever angled backhand to move 5-3 ahead and came up with an ace on set point to level the match.

Haas, who needed five sets to get past Janko Tipsarevic in his last match, received treatment for injury problems prior to the commencement of the third. His forehand then started to desert him and he threw in an error-ridden game to gift Tsonga a 3-1 lead. A mistimed drop shot handed the Frenchman another break and he hit a powerful forehand to forge two sets to one ahead.

Haas’ game looked as though it was beginning to completely unravel at the start of the fourth frame of play. He managed to regroup, though, staving off two break points in his opening service game before moving clear himself. He slammed away a forehand after chasing down a Tsonga volley to lead 3-1.

The world No. 17 had a chance to go a double break up in the Frenchman’s next service game but he failed to convert – and he was made to rue the missed opportunity. Haas served for the set but Tsonga broke and then held serve to level at 5-5. The German then played a series of poor shots to present his opponent with a second successive break and he wasn’t given a reprieve as Tsonga served out the match to clinch victory.

Tsonga will play Nicolas Almagro in the fourth round. The Spaniard, who was taken to five sets in his first two matches this week, had a far easier time in round three. He eased past Alejandro Falla of Columbia 6-4, 6-3, 6-4.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Hasi at the Australian Open:
1st Round:def. S Greul 6-7 6-4 6-2 6-1
2nd Round:def.  Tipsarevic 4-6 6-4 6-3 1-6 6-3

3rd Round:lost to Tsonga 4-6 6-3 1-6 5-7

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
3rd Round:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
3rd Round:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
01-29-2010 | "I could have made it if I hadn't been in pain"

Hey Fans!

First of all I'd like to say a great big thank-you to all of you who shared the excitement of the past week with me. Unfortunately, it was not to be and I didn't make the second round in Melbourne this year. As you have probably already heard, one of the reasons was the pain in my back although I can't deny that Tsonga played magnificent tennis during our match. The decisive fifth set was so near but so far - it just wasn't possible. Maybe without pain I could have made it but in the end I had to capitulate to my constitution.

I already had problems after the five-set match against Tisparevic. I couldn't put much weight on my knee. At that point I reaslised that I needed to have it looked at after the tournament. After my elimination I flew over to Los Angeles for two days to meet up with Sara who is in the process of filming "90210" there again. Of course she managed to cheer me up a bit. From there I flew back to Florida and underwent a medical check-up. I am expecting the results next week. But I sincerely hope that everything is fine and that there will be no long-term setbacks.

All the same, I can't say I was really dissatisfied with my game during the Australian Open, despite my rather early elimination. I think I did pretty well considering that it was the first tournament of the year after a relatively long break from the real competitive action. Contrary to plan, I shan't be participating in the tournament in Santiago de Chile. But I reckon that it will be all systems go in San José and Mephis which would be very convenient as I can meet up with two doctors with whom I have experienced the most excellent treatment in the past.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that it's nothing serious!

More news soon,

Yours
Tommy

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #808 on: February 04, 2010, 03:19:20 PM »
02-03-2010 | Tommy Haas's American Dream comes true
Hey fans,

I have exciting news to tell. A few days ago I became an American citizen! Back in December I had to take the naturalization examination and answer written and oral questions concerning, among other things, American history. I had to do a bit of preparation for this because even if one lives in the USA, it's still not so easy to get an American passport.
But on the 27th of January it finally happend. In Tampa, along with about 300 other immigrants from over 70 different countries, I raised my right hand to swear the oath of allegiance. I desperately wanted to do this because the United States have really become my home over the past years and that's why I considered it a logical step to apply for naturalization.

The funny thing about it, by the way, is that my good friend Alex Bose, of whom you can see some photos in the gallery, was sworn in at the same time as I was. We have been following the same path for the past 20 years: Alex also joined the Nick Bollettieri school in 1991 and received his green card in 2004, the same as me. So it's somehow logical that we simultaneously became American citizens, don't you think?

For my part, I am proud to have ventured this step in my life. Many famous people like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Marlene Dietrich, Albert Einstein, Monica Seles or Ivan Lendl, one of my greatest idols, haven taken this step before me and now I'm finally a part of this group as well.

Of course I wouldn't have done this if I hadn't had the option to keep my German passport. But as this point was guaranteed, I now have the privilege of dual nationality and I can continue playing for the German Davis Cup Team. Whether that will be the case in the immediate future, I can't yet say, but when the time comes I will give Patrick Kühnen my decision.

See you soon and take care,

Tommy

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #809 on: February 04, 2010, 03:22:14 PM »
So, Tommy finally got himself an American citizenship. I'm obviously happy for him, as I know how much he wanted it after more than 20 years spending and living in the USA.
But actually, I'm even more happy that he remained German primarily. Meaning from now on, he'll have dual citizenship.,and hoping he shall play still for the German team in DC.

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #810 on: February 04, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »
So, Tommy finally got himself an American citizenship. I'm obviously happy for him, as I know how much he wanted it after more than 20 years spending and living in the USA.
But actually, I'm even more happy that he remained German primarily. Meaning from now on, he'll have dual citizenship.,and hoping he shall play still for the German team in DC.

ditto ditto
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #811 on: February 04, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

ditto ditto

actually Babble- I have said what I have said- just to avoid repeating myself  ;-() that 'even more' is proof.

Examples:
-Everton 3-0 West Ham- I'm happy Everton beat West Ham
-Arsenal 0-3 Blackburn- I'm even more happy that Arsenal lost

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #812 on: February 04, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »

ditto ditto

actually Babble- I have said what I have said- just to avoid repeating myself  ;-() that 'even more' is proof.

Examples:

That loss to United really gutted our side... :thumb-down:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #813 on: February 04, 2010, 05:10:33 PM »

ditto ditto

actually Babble- I have said what I have said- just to avoid repeating myself  ;-() that 'even more' is proof.

Examples:

don't be, because probably you are not up to the challenge that is upon us in only 2 days  :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:11:09 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #814 on: February 04, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »

ditto ditto

actually Babble- I have said what I have said- just to avoid repeating myself  ;-() that 'even more' is proof.

Examples:

don't be, because probably you are not up to the challenge that is upon us in only 2 days  :)

Finally. No holds barred, I'm going to make you miserable.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #815 on: February 08, 2010, 03:29:20 PM »
02-08-2010 | Haas starts off in San José playing Britton

This week will be the first time for Tommy Haas to pick up his racket again following his third round out at the Australian Open. The backaches putting a strain on the German in Melbourne are cured fortunatley. Now the Geman from Hamburg wants to re-establish last year's success with his seventh tournament participation in the city at the south end of San Francisco Bay.

Tommy Haas won the double at the 2009 SAP Open together with his friend Radek Stepanek and will yet again try his luck teaming up with his Czech neighbor. In the singles the 31-year old will face the young American Devin Britton who received a wild card for the San José tournament.

Britton and Haas have a history: The 18-year old often trained with Tommy Haas at the Bollettieri Academy and firstly met the 2009 Wimbledon semi finalist in 2001 at the ATP tournament in Memphis. Devin Britton was a ball boy then and far from competing against a 12 times ATP tournament winner. Them meeting on Tuesday will therefore be of special significance for both players. "It will be a great experience to play him in a tournament" said Britton.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy Haas has hip operation, may face long break   :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ)

BERLIN — Tommy Haas could be off the ATP Tour for up to six months because of surgery on his right hip.

Haas, winner of 12 singles titles, was operated on last Friday in Vail, Colorado by Dr. Marc Philippon.

Haas said on his Web site on Tuesday that he had to have surgery because "the pain was simply too great."

Manager Lars Schriewer said the 31-year-old German was in good hands but didn't specify how long the player might be out.

Germany's Bild daily reported without citing sources that Haas faces a break of up to six months.

Haas was the top seed last week at Delray Beach, and lost in the first round.

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL

Tommy Haas has hip operation, may face long break   :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ)

My sentiments exactly...!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
03-06-2010 | "I am doing better"
Hey fans,

I just wanted to give you an update on my recent state hip surgery. As you know, I had Dr. Marc J. Philippon operate on my hip at the Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colorado last Friday. The surgery went as planned and I am feeling much better already. It will take some time however for me to get better and be ready for professional competition again.

I had to get this surgery done because I already suffered from stabbing pains during the match against Tsonga at the Australian Open, which is why I eventually couldn't keep up with the French man. I wasn't able to play as well as I wanted to during the last few tournaments and the returning pain in my hip, eventually made me decide to have the surgery.

That's why I went to Dr. Philippon, who is one of the leading specialist in this field who immediately advised me that an operation was unavoidable and it had to be done. To have the surgery this past friday was a hard decision to make, but the right one for me in order to be able to return to the level I expect myself to play and need to be at to compete with the very best on the ATP Tour.

The first few days after the operation were very hard for me. My hip was hurting a lot and I had to take painkillers to endure the pain. I have had a lot of sleepless nights but luckily, my fiancé Sara was able to take time of her hectic acting schedule to be by my side for this surgery. I wouldn't have been able to do it without her and I love her very much for all the support and encouragement she has given me, especially during this difficult week.

I also want quickly thank Tom "Cracker" Seifert for coming along to Vail with me straight from Delray Beach. He helped me get prepared for the surgery and he is not only a good physical trainer but more importantly a good friend.

Now a week after the surgery I am doing better. I still have some pain and doing rehab twice a day here in Colorado is not easy especially being away from home and still in a hotel. Each day I am better and I am confident that my will and dedication to return to professional tennis will help me overcome even this injury again. I will keep all if you posted along the way and thank you for supporting me over the years and also being part of this journey with me. I cannot wait to be back on the ATP Tour and I expect to be stronger and healthier then ever.

Greetings and warm wishes from Vail, Colorado,

Tommy

TOMMY HAAS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Tommy get well.
Then we will fight in the shade.