Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 89358 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
It is really amazing what happened to this guy and after all that, he still focuses on returning to ATP,determinant then ever. I just hope after the injury recover he won't have any problems with health and try to close his career on a good note.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
03-26-2010 | "I will just have to be patient"

Hey Fans,

I have been back in Bradenton for the last couple of days and I have started my rehab at the Bollettieri Sports Therapy Center. I am happy with the progress of my hip and excited to be walking without crutches again. Most of my rehab at the moment exists of riding the bike, manual therapy and isometrics type stuff. I donít know when I can begin to hit tennis balls again. I will just have to be patient.

Itís great to have my mom here with me in Florida right now because she is such a great cook and takes great care of me. It does come with one little problem though, because I have to watch what I eat since I donít get to work out and sweat as much as I am used to.

After my surgery I was also able to spend 2 weeks in Los Angles with Sara. We are currently looking to find a home to buy, that we both like and that is not easy. Rumors that we are getting married this may are not entirely true, we havenít set a specific date yet but plan on having this special day sometime this year.

I have a few more days to decide now what I would like to do for my birthday and I will let you know in my next column with some updated pictures.

Best wishes,

Tommy

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Happy B-day Tommy! Stay Healthy !
 :Happy-Birthday!: :Happy-Birthday!:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
04-15-2010 | "My rehab is in full progress"

Hey Fans!

First of all I want to thank all of you for your birthday wishes. This year I got a chance to celebrate my birthday at home in Bradenton with my loved ones and friends. We had a big BBQ and I was finally able to break in my new grill. I am still working on becoming a top BBQ chef.

My rehab is in full progress and coming along as planned. I was even able to go on the tennis court and hit some balls left handed. It felt really good to be back on a court again. This coming week I am going to Vail to see Dr. Philippon for my six week check up. After that I plan on making a stop in Hollywood for a week to see Sara before she has to head out to London for her Psych: 9 Movie Premiere. After Los Angeles I will be back in Florida to continue rehab at the Bollettieri Academy with my sports therapist Graeme Lauriston who has been doing a fantastic job with me.

Aside from my rehab routine, I still have enough time for some fine things. The other day for example my family and I went to see my friend Ogden who bought a massive piece of land 50 miles east from Sarasota. Our tour of his massive wilderness in Florida felt like a safari in the middle of Africa. We got to see lots of different animals like turkeys, cattle, deers, Florida panthers and gators. It was an awesome experience. We took lots of pictures which you can admire at in the gallery.

I will update you soon again.

Take care. Stay strong.

Best,
Tommy

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
04-21-2010 | "I am really excited about the good news"

Hey fans,

This past sunday I began my trip to Vail, Colorado to have my 7 week check up with Dr. Philippon. I flew from Tampa to Denver and drove the beautiful 115 mile drive (which reminded me a lot of driving through southern Germany and Austria) to Vail.

Dr. Philippon was really happy with how everything is progressing and he gave me the ok to slowly start running which I am really happy about. Dr. Philippon and his awesome team also showed me some new exercises to do, to keep strenghtening my glute, hip flexor area.

I am now back in LA to visit Sara for a week before she heads to London.

Well, I am really excited about the good news and I look forward getting back in a bit of shape! :)

Hope all of you are doing great,

till soon!

Tommy

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
05-20-2010 | Tommy goes to the playoffs

Hey fans,

on my way back home to Florida from LA I had to make a quick stop in Orlando. One of my best friends, Gregg, who lives in Orlando, invited me to go to the NBA playoffs and watch the Orlando Magic vs Boston Celtics game. The atmosphere in the stands was absolutely amazing and we had an awesome time. Unfortunately, the Celtics took the second game in a row on the road, so my prediction now is that it will be the Lakers against the Celtics in the Championship game - which will be a lot of fun to follow. Go, Lakers!

The humidity has definitely returned to Florida. Wow, can't wait to really start training again and hit a few balls, got to keep being patient and positive.

Hope you're all doing great and, like me, looking forward to follow some great tennis at the French Open,

best and till soon!

Tommy

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Wow, he's going to keep pushin' on?!?!
One more healthy season would be nice. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

obviously yes, he's going to  ;-()

From your mouth to God's ears.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God

obviously yes, he's going to  ;-()

From your mouth to God's ears.
I'm not sure how he does it Luggy.
It would be too much of a roller coaster ride for me.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
06-23-2010 | "Really sucks not being there"

Dear fans,

greetings from lovely LA! I have my friend and physio from the academy here with me this week since I am not too far away from hitting balls with my right hand again. Can't hardly wait, so I want to make sure everything is in its right place before it begins. Meanwhile my lefty forehand is quiet good I must say. :)

Last week we (Sara and her two youngest sisters ) surprised David in New York at the Songwriters Hall of Fame awards. It was an amazing evening with so much talent in one room: Leonard Cohen, Phil Collins, Billy Joel, Earth Wind and Fire, Paul Simon - and the list goes on. We are all very proud of David for such an amazing achievement, but the things he does off-stage are just as incredible.

We are going for a little family vacation and then, next week, it's time to get back to the heat in Florida. Always keeping busy, which is great, and following the World Cup and of course Wimbledon as much as I can. Really sucks not being there but that's how it is.

Nothing but the best to all of you and till soon,

Tommy

TOMMY HAAS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
No words of consolation for his buddy Roger?
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
It's written before Roger's exit  :)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
07-05-2010 | "How time flies"

Dear fans!

Wow, I am really impressed how beautiful Vancouver and Vancouver Island (Victoria) is. I have always heard about it, but actually being there and seeing it with your own eyes was special. Victoria is where David (Sara's Dad) grew up and he took us and many other family members on this awesome trip. Besides spending nice family days together I also got to go whale watching - and believe it or not we saw a grey whale, which was a real treat.

Now Sara and I are back in humid Florida and we watched the Wimbledon final today. Wow, congrats to Rafa for a second Wimbledon win and for a second French and Wimbledon back-to-back win. It's amazing that we have not witnessed it since Bjorn Borg and now we have seen it three straight years. I would also like to congratulate my friend Philipp Petzschner for becoming a Wimbledon doubles champion - wow, how cool is that!

I cant wait to continue to support the German team at the World Cup. What about their domination thus far? Really, really impressive and so much fun to watch. I really believe that they can go all the way, and I am sure so do many others. I will be watching ...

Rehab is still in full swing and I am slowly starting to hit with my right hand. It's quite nerve racking considering that it has been since Feb. 23 ... Wow, time flies.

In my next column I will tell you about how excited I am of becoming a father and starting my own family with Sara.

Best,
Tommy

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
07-14-2010 | "Something you can't explain until it happens to you"

Dear fans,

how is everything going? The World Cup fever is over and the Cup deservingly went to Spain. I would like to congratulate the young German team for finishing 3rd. It really is amazing how consistent the German team is. I am interested now to see if Philipp Lahm stays captain or if Michael Ballack wants the role back.

I hit my first tennis balls two days ago with my right arm - finally - and I tell you guys it was such an awesome feeling. The other good news was that I didn't feel any discomfort in my elbow, so I was really happy about that. Now, with me slowly starting to hit again and trying to get in shape, let's see when I will be able to return. My outside goal is still the US Open but it will be a close call. Keep your fingers crossed.

Now, as promised, more about my exciting baby news. Just three days after my hip surgery in Vail, Colorado, Sara and I found out that we are going to be parents. When she told me I was really excited, but unfortunately I wasn't able to show my emotions, as I was on crutches, a leg brace and multiple strong pain medication. Going to all the ultra sounds and seeing your baby develop is amazing and truly something you can't explain until it happens to you. We are so much looking forward to seeing her! And to all of you: if you have any nice, cute baby names in mind that you want to share, we would love to hear them.

Nothing but the best from the Sunshine State

Tommy and Sara

TOMMY HAAS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
C'Mon Tommy the ATP needs you!
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
It's now almost certain, that Tommy will skip US Open too. As always, I hate to hear it but not doubting in his decision that he's not ready yet..

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #836 on: September 07, 2010, 07:39:02 AM »
What's up, fans?

09-07-2010 - I am still in germany and back in Donaustauf for some more rehab. I will be heading back to LA this weekend to see Sara which is about time. I have been away way too long but she is so very supportive of my career and also wants me to get or at least try my best to get healthy again. I am also excited to see what will happen the 2nd week at the US Open. Wish I would have been there to compete but hopefully I can be there next year.

Greetings, Tommy

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #837 on: December 19, 2010, 10:29:53 AM »
I just love the sport!

12-13-2010 - Tommy is back on the court to start testing himself.

Dear fans,

I am back in Bradenton to really start testing myself. A lot of good players are in town to get ready for the 2011 season. Thomas Hogstedt is here and he will work some weeks with Maria Sharapova next year and try to make her a Grand Slam contender again. We all practiced a little the other day and I think it is a smart move on her part.

I am also here cause the German newspaper "Sportbild" is doing a little story on me. They just wanted to see how I am feeling, get a look on how the training is going, how I am doing mentally and if I am still motivated etc. All I can tell you guys is that I just love the sport and if my body allows it I for sure will be back and try to make a comeback once more. It will take more than just a lot of hard work but I would really like to try and see if I can make it happen.

On the picture you see (from left) the journalist from "Sportbild", the photographer, my good friend and massage therapist Tom Seifert and my friend/consultant Lars Schriewer.

I hope that all of you are doing well! Best as usual,

Tommy

P.S. My family is doing awesome and it is such a joy, more on that soon.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #838 on: December 19, 2010, 10:31:28 AM »
 ://
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #839 on: February 01, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »
Greetings from the Bollettieri Sports Academy

01-28-2011

I have been hitting indoors with Richard Berankis who is getting ready for the upcoming tournaments in San Jose and Memphis. Nick gave Valentina a little advice and he said to make sure not to turn out as crazy as her father (on the court that is). My rehab is coming along quiet good and if my knee keeps getting stronger I am hoping to get back on tour in a while. So much to work on to make that happen but I will try the best I can. We are heading back to LA this weekend. My parents came to visit as well and are very happy to finally meet valentina in person. Hope all of you are doing great!
Till soon, Tommy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C'mon Tommy, hit the f court already!

TOMMY HAAS