Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 76489 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #840 on: February 01, 2011, 10:00:26 AM »
Greetings from the Bollettieri Sports Academy

01-28-2011

I have been hitting indoors with Richard Berankis who is getting ready for the upcoming tournaments in San Jose and Memphis. Nick gave Valentina a little advice and he said to make sure not to turn out as crazy as her father (on the court that is). My rehab is coming along quiet good and if my knee keeps getting stronger I am hoping to get back on tour in a while. So much to work on to make that happen but I will try the best I can. We are heading back to LA this weekend. My parents came to visit as well and are very happy to finally meet valentina in person. Hope all of you are doing great!
Till soon, Tommy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C'mon Tommy, hit the f court already!
wow, long time no see. How are you doing bud? It's good to see older members coming back (including me  :innocent:, lol

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #841 on: February 01, 2011, 10:07:03 AM »
ditto that^^^

Good for Tommy for loving this sport so much and not worrying about his ranking. :thumbs-up:
Great to see you around, Luggy. That's the only downside to Chelsea sucking. :tease:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #842 on: February 01, 2011, 10:13:53 AM »

wow, long time no see. How are you doing bud? It's good to see older members coming back (including me  :innocent:, lol

I'm pretty fine, thanks for asking.
Yep, it's been a while my friend. Surely Tommy not playing has to do a lot with it, but nevertheless I'm subconsciously trying to avoid forums and computers as much as possible. But that's pretty hard and useless since I don't watch TV(nor I have one), so in that case avoiding computers is almost impossible, considering I get to watch whatever I like and whatever I want.
I got attached to many of t4u users, and that's probably the only reason I'm still here, and tennis of course.
I'm glad to see many of those users are still around and it is always great to be back here.
I hope you re ok as well? I mean how can you not be, look at the Novak's success haha
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #843 on: February 01, 2011, 10:21:51 AM »
ditto that^^^

Good for Tommy for loving this sport so much and not worrying about his ranking. :thumbs-up:
Great to see you around, Luggy. That's the only downside to Chelsea sucking. :tease:

Babble ma man, what's up?
Tommy definitely lost all his worries about the ranking long time ago. I can completely understand him and all the fans, nevertheless the sport. So that Chelsea sucking etc doesn't get me at all :)~ I'm still following and will follow CFC regardless of what position we re at. And of course I haven't given up hope we can clinch the tittle again! One thing is still certain,we'll surely top Arsenal's position once again  :)~

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #844 on: February 01, 2011, 12:27:23 PM »
Great update Luggy!

Nice of you to pop in for bit.

Hopefully we'll see a bit more of you and Tommy in the coming months! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy's back! ----so am I !

05-20-2011 - For the first time after a 15-month lay-off, Tommy Haas will be competing in a Grand Slam tournament. His opponent at the French Open in Paris will be a qualifier to be determined during the weekend.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Luggy in Da House!

Go Tommy! :king:
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
I didn't realize Haasy was back, Luggy.  :thumbs-up:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Yeah he's back and lost to a lucky loser  :)~

It was typical Haas btw, after 15 moths lay off he choose to get back on clay risking it again.
But nevermind, I'm now just happy to see him back on court. Hope the results will come back soon, I think Halle is next.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Roland Garros 1st round loss

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Good stuff Luggy!

Love those BH pics! ://

Hopefully Tommy can pull it together for one more charge before we lose his beautiful game to retirement.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy at Wimbledon (1st Round loss)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy in Newport
1st Rn: vs M Berrer 7-6(9)  6-4
next match vs (Q) Yani

interview after 1sr RN win
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLrffsgOIqY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Great pics Luggy!!! :))

I love his techique on the groundies.
Dare we hope that he can make it through the remainder of the season? :confused1:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
I'm not one for speculating, but who knows what Tommy could have accomplished if not for all the injuries.  So much time and talent wasted on recovery, rehab, and rebuilding his game/confidence. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
I'm not one for speculating, but who knows what Tommy could have accomplished if not for all the injuries.  So much time and talent wasted on recovery, rehab, and rebuilding his game/confidence. :(

Tommy had a couple of really good chances in 2009, up 2-1 sets at RG over Federer and on the verge of an upset, then 2-0 sets over Verdasco at the US Open, but the confidence to finish just wasn't there. The Federer match was typical of a lot of his wins against today's players. He was beaten and on the way out. His only way back in was to wait for his opponent to meltdown. Tommy obliged. The Tsonga match at Wimbledon was a rare case in which Fed's opponent didn't cooperate.

Anyway, there's a long list of really good players from today's game who've had their careers derailed by injury. It's absolutely remarkable that Federer has been injury free his entire career and, therefore, really not a surprise that he stockpiled as many slams a he did.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:06:59 AM by Babblelot »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Luggy's been 'busy' as always during summer  ..-)   Crying for 'not being able' to stick with T4U more  :Confused:

Anyway, seems like Tommy can get back on his track again. Bad summer tours, but I'll never lose any hope that Tommy can make another glorious comeback as long he's still around.

By the way, he looked pretty good in his 1st round match at USO, and I hope he stays healthy for doing some damage further at Open.

On the other hand, there's no doubt he'd stick with the best if not for all the injuries.
That's the only reason why he couldn't climb that last step to be in grand slam final at least. Tennis is sport where you definitely can't afford long breaks. Other players keep boosting their play, building up confidence. It is really amazing how Tommy even manage to give us some outstanding comebacks after all those s**tty injuries. 2009 is a living proof. But you can see how that must affected us, as his stubborn supporters hehe.
Anyway, I'm just so happy to see him playing around, still focused and eager to get on with the others.
I hope to see him healthy, so I can live to see him playing good tennis for another few years.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline tonaiden

• Tennis God
« Reply #858 on: September 01, 2011, 01:21:30 PM »
Tommy has nike again? Cool

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #859 on: September 01, 2011, 07:32:39 PM »
US Open Round 1

TOMMY HAAS