Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 96573 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Haas Ousts Reigning Hamburg Champ Simon    :grind dance: :grind dance:

Wild card Tommy Haas rallied from a set down to oust second seed and reigning Hamburg champion Gilles Simon 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 in the third round of the bet-at-home Open - German Tennis Championships 2012 on Wednesday.

Haas capitalised on five of his seven break points and won 51 per cent of his second serve points to seal the upset victory over the World No. 12 in two hours and six minutes. He improved to 3-1 against Simon, facing off against the Frenchman for the first time in four years.

The 34-year-old German is through to quarter-finals at the ATP World Tour 500 clay-court event for the first time since 1999. His best result in Hamburg came on his debut in 1997, when he reached the semi-finals.

For a place in the last four, Haas will play countryman Florian Mayer. The No. 7 seed cruised past Robin Haase 6-2, 6-1 in 56 minutes. Mayer did not face a break point, winning 19 of his 21 first serve points.
Yippppeee!
Simon is no slouch and is similar to Ferrer in that he plays percentage tennis and usually forces riskier players to play their best game.  A good test for the resurgent Tommy.

Nice pics Luggy, thanks for digging those up!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
yw MT  :cool:

yep Simon did force Tommy to play one the best tennis, but that just it, Tommy played for the sake of tennis today!

I know you once said you could watch Simon all day long, out of all other defensive players, and thats maybe the only thing I have to disagree with you  :)~  I just can't watch the guy  :Confused: that pushing is just too much, similar to Ferrer yes, but also less powerful strokes.

That's the reason I'm even more happier about this win, most of others would expect typical choking by Tommy in this situation, but he delivered this good! Phenomenal offensive tennis, he showed everything I love about tennis today, even on clay!

Tommy Haas, the Renaissance man  :gleam:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Gille's style is not my cup of tea either, but for me watching him is preferable to watching the bashers.  He's a crafty fellow and he makes the most of the skillzzz he has.  I understand what you say about the pushing though!

On to the next round Tommy!!! :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
WOW !!!..tommy beats Simon.. :lmao: :lmao:

little unexpected but happy  @!!!! :) :)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Go Tommy!
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas humbles Mayer at Hamburg to progress into the semis
Former World No.2 Tommy Haas came through his quarterfinal match in Hamburg without breaking sweat, as he floored compatriot Florian Mayer in just over an hour.

Veteran German Tommy Haas looked in great shape as steam rolled fellow country man Florian Mayer in straight sets winning 6-1,6-4. The former World No.2 played some exquisite tennis in that match, and will look to continue to play this kind of Tennis in the coming semi-final.

The first set started off with a tough game on the Tommy Haas serve, but the veteran did well to hold on to serve and from then on in it was all Haas. He was definitely the aggressor in the set as he broke his compatriot twice in the set to take the set easily. Mayer seem to lose his way early and was wayward at times. Haas one the set quickly winning it 6-1. Haas just served one ace in the set, but had a high first serve conversion rate of 74. The set lasted just under half an hour.

Click here to re-live Haas's destruction of Mayer!

The second set was a lot closer as both players held serve well. Predicting a winner in the set seemed difficult until Mayer cracked in the ninth game. Haas played some stunning shots in that game to break Mayer's serve. He then held serve to win the set and the match.

Haas smashed 4 aces and won 60 out of a possible 106 points in the match.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Nice to see Haasi on a revival!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:10:25 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy Haas, Juan Monaco to battle

HAMBURG, Germany -- Third-seeded Juan Monaco and veteran Tommy Haas will play for the title at the German Tennis Championships on Sunday.
Monaco upset top-seeded and last year's finalist Nicolas Almagro 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 on Saturday. Haas defeated fourth-seeded Marin Cilic 7-6 (7), 6-0.

Monaco reached his second final in two weeks. He was runner-up in Stuttgart and is seeking his third clay-court title of the season.

The 34-year-old Haas, who has been sidelined by injuries in recent years, dropped only five points on serve in the second set. He's looking for his second title of the year after beating Roger Federer on grass in Halle last month.

Haas began the season ranked outside the Top 200, but has surged back into the Top 50 at No. 49.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Tommy's resurgence is a sight for sore eyes. I never thought we'd see him playing his "champagne" tennis again.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy's resurgence is a sight for sore eyes. I never thought we'd see him playing his "champagne" tennis again.

Aye, its good to see some ppl believed that even back in '09, when he did the same thing. After all these years, I never stopped believing he'd deliver some top quality tennis once again. And here we are, witnessing it  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
I guess it just shows - never give up on your dreams!

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
Haas lost to monaco in the finals..:(..it was a entertaining final though.:)

really happy with the way tommy's been playing in the last 2-3 months..hope he makes a statement at the olympics !!! :cool:
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God

Aye, its good to see some ppl believed that even back in '09, when he did the same thing. After all these years, I never stopped believing he'd deliver some top quality tennis once again. And here we are, witnessing it  ;-()
I was never a 'believer' but I'd always hoped he'd find his way back. :)
I hope that win or lose, he relishes every moment on court these days.
It's a beautiful thing. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Juan Monaco tooples Tommy Haas to grab title – German Tennis Championships 2012

Argentina’s Juan Monaco captured his third tour level title of the season by beating the home favourite, Tommy Haas of Germany, in straight sets 7-5, 6-4 in the Bet-at-home Open final on Sunday.

This event is also called the German Tennis Championships, being held on the clay courts of Rothenbaum in Hamburg.

With the first ATP World Tour 500 win of his career, Monaco will also break into the Top-10 rankings. He will join his countryman, Juan Martin Del Potro, in the elite group of players.

Backed by his home crowd, Haas made a splendid start in the final, as he stung a break in the fourth game and consolidated on it to gain a 4-1 lead. However, Monaco made a fine comeback later on, capturing six of the following seven to seal it 7-5.

The start of the second set was a bit similar to the opener, as Haas grabbed the initial breakthrough to move ahead 2-0. Though, Monaco also replied in the same manner, striking back immediately and levelling the proceedings at 2-2. Haas and Monaco traded a blow in the subsequent four games to take it to 4-4. The Argentinean managed to clinch decisive break in the ninth and made the most of it to win 6-4.

Monaco’s performance on serve was not that brilliant, as he hit a single ace and committed two double faults. The Argentinean maintained a first serve percentage of 80, managing to convert just 38 of the 60 of them into points. Nevertheless, the 28-year-old was the better player on key points, as he saved five of the eight break threats he came across and utilised five of the nine opportunities he created.

During the post match press conference, a jubilant Monaco said, "It's amazing [to break the Top 10], it's a dream come true. I will always remember this great week because it's very important for me and my team. It was a big goal we had pre-season when we were practising very hard."

Talking about his game, the Argentinean added, "I can't complain about the way I played today. I was 4-1 down in the first set, but I never gave up. I was fighting every point, very focussed and very motivated to win this tournament. I think it was very important to win the first set. In the last two games of the match I think I played very well."

After their fifth meeting, Monaco improved his head to head record to 4-1 against Haas.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Monaco Vs Haas Final Hamburgo 2012 Highlights [HD]

Monaco Vs Haas Final Hamburgo 2012 Highlights [HD]

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Good stuff to have  ;-() 

Halle 2012 final vs Roger, full match:

(HD) Roger Federer vs Tommy Haas Halle 2012 FINAL - FULL MATCH

TOMMY HAAS