Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 89702 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas Sets All-German QF In Washington; Dolgopolov Advances

Fourth seed Tommy Haas reached the quarter-finals for the fifth time in seven appearances at the Citi Open as he defeated Argentine Leonardo Mayer 6-4, 7-5 on Wednesday in Washington, D.C. Haas won 83 per cent of his first serve points and broke Mayer three times for the one hour, 39-minute victory.

The 34 year old improved to a 21-9 season record, including a 17-5 mark since the beginning of May. He won the grass-court title in Halle with victory over Roger Federer in the final, and finished runner-up to Juan Monaco at the clay-court ATP World Tour 500 tournament in Hamburg a couple weeks ago.

Haas next faces fellow German Tobias Kamke, who avenged his recent loss to Marinko Matosevic by converting four of 17 break point opportunities to beat the Australian 6-4, 6-3. Matosevic had defeated Kamke last week in the Los Angeles second round.

The 107th-ranked Kamke won consecutive tour-level matches for the first time since last October, when he reached the Stockholm quarter-finals (l. to Nieminen). 
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
win over Russel:

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
pics vs L.Mayer:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas Reflects On Hard-Court Form

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas, Fish Into SFs; Querrey Wins
German fourth seed Tommy Haas eased into the semi-finals at the Citi Open with a 6-1, 6-2 victory over compatriot Tobias Kamke on Friday in Washington, D.C.

World No. 36 Haas won 84 per cent of first service points and secured four of his five break point opportunities to advance in 66 minutes.

"It was tough conditions out there today," said Haas. "We both felt the heat a little bit, and the ball sort of played a little differently. I think for his game, it didnít really suit him that much. He threw me a lot of unforced errors, but personally I am pretty happy with the way I played things."

Veteran Haas, 34, improved to a 22-9 season record with the win and improves to a 4-0 record in ATP World Tour quarter-finals this year following Munich (d. Baghdatis), Halle (d. Berdych) and Hamburg (d. Mayer).

He next faces American top seed Mardy Fish, a 6-3, 6-4 victor over Belgian Xavier Malisse in one hour and 20 minutes.

World No. 15 Fish extended his ATP FedEx Head2Head series against 32-year-old Malisse to 3-1 and moved into his first ATP World Tour semi-final of the year. He saved both break points faced and capitalised on both of his own to advance to his first Washington semi-final, following quarter-final showings in 2003 (l. to Roddick) and 2006 (l. to Murray).

"I expect a really tough match," said Fish, on his semi-final with Haas. "He's a great player, he was as high as two in the world a while ago, but heís had a bunch of injuries. He seems like he is close to being 100 per cent back with his health. Itís great for him, we are really good friends. Itíll be fun. Itís the reason why Iím out here."

American Sam Querrey extended his winning streak to seven matches with a 6-4, 6-4 win over third-seeded South African Kevin Anderson.

World No. 38 Querrey, fresh off his first ATP World Tour title of the year in Los Angeles last week (d. Berankis), won 22 of 26 points on first serve against World No. 34 Anderson, firing seven aces. His impressive serving form continued following his second-round match against German Benjamin Becker, where he did not drop a point on first serve.

Querrey extended his ATP FedEx Head2Head series against Anderson to 6-3 and next meets second-seeded Ukranian Alexandr Dolgopolov, a 7-6(3), 6-4 victor over American veteran James Blake in one hour and 22 minutes.

World No. 25 Dolgopolov, making his tournament debut, won 76 per cent of first service points, firing seven aces.

The 23-year-old Dolgopolov, who dipped out of the Top 20 this week, is bidding for his second final of the season following the Brisbane International (l. to Murray).

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
vs Kamke:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
Tommy haas to play Finals against the unorthodox player Alexander Dolgopolov tonight

he has to play very well tonight OR he has to play decent tennis with some outside the box thinking !!

Good luck Tommy !! :)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Dolgopolov Overcomes Haas & Rain To Capture Washington Title

Ukraine's Alexandr Dolgopolov handed 34-year-old Tommy Haas his first loss in nine finals contested on U.S. soil, rallying past the German 6-7(7), 6-4, 6-1 on Sunday at the Citi Open in Washington, D.C.

With victory at the ATP World Tour 500 tournament, the third event of the summer hard-court swing, Dolgopolov moves into a second-place tie with Atlanta champion Andy Roddick in the US Open Series Bonus Challenge Standings. Querrey, last week's Los Angeles champion and a semi-finalist in Washington, stands atop the leader board with 95 points.

"For sure, Iím very happy, and especially winning a match like that [which is] really tight, goes up and down, the rain breaks," said Dolgopolov. "Iím really happy with myself that I stayed concentrated and was in the match in all the three sets."

The fourth-seeded Haas was broken for just the second time this week with No. 2 seed Dolgopolov taking a 4-3 lead in the first set, but immediately got back on serve. Players briefly left the court due to a light shower after the ninth game, and returned to play two more games before heavy rainfall halted the match.

The final, which had begun at 4 p.m. local-time, resumed around 7:45 p.m. and Haas took the first set tie-break after capitalising on his fourth set point opportunity. He faced down four break points on serve in the second set, before Dolgopolov broke to draw level at one set apiece. The Ukrainian limited Haas to just one game in the decisive set, closing out the victory after two hours and 15 minutes.

"He was giving away more free points than he did in the first set and throughout the tournament when I watched him play," Dolgopolov said. "I think it was a part of him, a part of it being the final, a part of my game. Everything helped it to go wrong for him. He helped me a little bit in the last game of the second set. In the third set he was a bit frustrated, so it was really good I got an advantage at the start of the set."

Dolgopolov, 23, claimed his second ATP World Tour title (2-2 in finals), following last year's triumph in Umag. He is projected to move from No. 25 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings up to No. 16/17 with his first ATP World Tour 500 title.

Haas, who dropped to a 13-11 mark in title matches, was appearing in his third final in his past five tournaments. He won the grass-court title in Halle with victory over Roger Federer and finished runner-up to Juan Monaco on clay in Hamburg.

He is the fourth player this season to appear in finals on all three surfaces, joining Federer, David Ferrer and John Isner.

"Not only here, but Iíve proven [myself] a couple months ago winning a title in Halle and getting to a final in Hamburg two weeks ago and getting to a final here," said Haas. "Itís been unbelievable.

"Obviously Iím a little bit frustrated right now still. I thought I had some chances to win this title and I really wanted it. Itís always tough to lose, even when you had a great week, but you just have to let it sink in and overall, Iím really proud to get here to a final and play really solid tennis. I just hope I can stay injury-free and keep going and try to keep it moving."

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
final vs Dolg:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
A bit disappointing but at least he made the final and is playing some decent, injury-free tennis.  That's all we can hope for at this point.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas Hangs Tough
Beaten Washington finalist, Tommy Haas, fared better. The 34-year-old German overcame Argentine David Nalbandian 6-2, 6-7(11), 6-3 in two hours and 22 minutes. Nalbandian saved four match points in the second set tie-break and converted on his fifth set point.

"I think it was an exciting match today overall, entertaining to say the least," said Haas. "A lot of chances there in the second set for me to maybe find a way to finish it off. He came up with some good tennis and won the second set.

"Then it was really a matter of just staying tough mentally and really wanting to win the third set. I had to save some break points there early on in the third set; got the early break then to go up 3-2. That gave me the momentum again I think to finish it off."

Former World No. 2 Haas has made a stellar comeback up the South African Airways ATP Rankings this year, winning the Halle title and reaching the final in Hamburg. He has a 24-10 match record.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy Haas vs David Nalbandian - 1R - ATP Toronto ( Rogers Cup ) 2012

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy Haas vs Gilles Simon 2R Rogers Cup Toronto 2012 Highlights

Gilles Simon vs Tommy Haas | Toronto 2012 2nd round

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Novak Djokovic vs Tommy Haas | Toronto 2012 QUART FINAL

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS