Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 87352 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #1000 on: February 17, 2013, 11:14:58 PM »
He had a few good moments in the loss to Raonic.
Hope he stays healthy and continues to build his game and confidence. :)

Hey MT,
Yeah he had good run this week, shame for poor serving, but to be honest Raonic did play better.
Memphis is next, one of Tommy's favorite tours, so I'm looking forward to it, anxiously....
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #1001 on: February 18, 2013, 05:26:06 AM »
Anytime Tommy is healthy and on court I am happy.
The fact that he played against another player I like to watch made it a win/win situation for me.

I hope he stays healthy and has a great season!!!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1002 on: February 21, 2013, 10:58:31 PM »
The fact that he played against another player I like to watch made it a win/win situation for me.

damn, he had to withdraw from Memphis 2nd round due to respiratory illness. Just when you think he's doing it so well, something like this happen  :Confused:

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1003 on: February 22, 2013, 05:32:16 AM »

damn, he had to withdraw from Memphis 2nd round due to respiratory illness. Just when you think he's doing it so well, something like this happen  :Confused:
I hope that's just the flu bug that's been going around....
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #1004 on: February 22, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »
Why does everyone like Haas SO much? Nothing against him, but to me he just seems like a guy with a moderate-aggressive game and a somewhat focused attitude. Nothing special really  :Confused:

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #1005 on: February 22, 2013, 07:26:18 PM »
I like him 'cuz of his hat.
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1006 on: February 23, 2013, 11:06:44 AM »
Why does everyone like Haas SO much? Nothing against him, but to me he just seems like a guy with a moderate-aggressive game and a somewhat focused attitude. Nothing special really  :Confused:

Whose 'everyone' ?  ..-) ..-)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #1007 on: February 23, 2013, 11:18:53 AM »

Leng jai is everyone.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1008 on: February 23, 2013, 11:22:56 AM »

Leng jai is everyone.

:ZZZZZ)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1009 on: February 23, 2013, 01:08:28 PM »

Leng jai is everyone.

:ZZZZZ)
:zipped:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1010 on: February 24, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »
Seems like everything is OK, was probably just some 'flu' going around.

Don't wanna jinx it, but he's in the main draw in Delray Beach.  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #1011 on: February 24, 2013, 05:05:04 PM »
Bad draw for Tommy in Delray  :\
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy was inconsistent in match vs Dodig, almost choked it out but good win overall.

Another semis of the year, this time revenge time vs Gulbis  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Incredible match vs Almagro in Indian Wells.
Tommy had it from the start, looking very good. Choke was expected after 2nd set where Almagro had 5-4 and was serving for the match.
Luckily Tommy broke back and took 3rd set in TB in style!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
Tommy had it from the start, looking very good. Choke was expected after 2nd set where Almagro had 5-4 and was serving for the match.

Did you see the match point? Incredible...Almagro serves, ball gets into play, Tommy launches a really bad drop shot, Almagro smashes to the body and Tommy somehow gets it back for a winner...didn't look back after that one. Great win!  :)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

Did you see the match point? Incredible...Almagro serves, ball gets into play, Tommy launches a really bad drop shot, Almagro smashes to the body and Tommy somehow gets it back for a winner...didn't look back after that one. Great win!  :)

Of course I saw it  :)
Although Tommy did get a bit lucky there, he actually read Almagro going to the right. So in a way, Almagro didn't actually hit Tommy in the body.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God

Of course I saw it  :)
Although Tommy did get a bit lucky there, he actually read Almagro going to the right. So in a way, Almagro didn't actually hit Tommy in the body.

He got lucky, yes, but you have to take those opportunities :) Will be interesting to see him against Del Potro. That has been a bad matchup so far, though, never close to winning a set in three meetings.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
 SONY OPEN TENNIS
Tommy Haas: My Dream Came True
Miami, USA

It took 11 years, but 34-year-old Tommy Haas finds himself in the round of 16 at the Sony Open Tennis in Miami for the second time after posting an impressive 6-3, 6-2 victory over Alexandr Dolgopolov on Sunday in front of his strong support system.

Following his win, SonyOpenTennis.com sat down with the German to talk about being greeted by two-year-old daughter Valentina on court, the family-friendly activities he recommends tennis fans check out during their stay in Miami and his fourth-round showdown with top-ranked Novak Djokovic.

A number of family members were in attendance for your match. How nice is it to be able to put on a performance like you did today for your close supporters?

I'm happy [my dad is] still around. His motorcycle accident took a lot out of him, because he's in really good shape. Because of him, I have some of that in me, with all the injuries I've had. I have the strength and desire to still keep going. My dad still works out every day and tries to keep in shape. He's 65 and looks pretty good for his age. That's motivating to me. It was nice also having my daughter there too. It was a small dream come true for me. I've always said when I became a father, how special it would be to see my daughter in my box. I know it's a little cheesy sometimes, but to have those memories one day is going to be fantastic.

Was today the first time Valentina rushed the court to greet you after a win? And how quickly do you forget about winning a match at an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event?
I think that was the first time. She came out in San Jose to hit some balls, but it wasn't right after I won the match. So today was really the first time she came on the court to congratulate me. But you still think about the match being over and having a good win. Obviously it's very exciting to have my daughter there. It's very surreal.

There’s a lot to do in Miami and its surrounding areas. What sorts of family-friendly activities would you recommend to tennis fans who are visiting for the first time?

There are many things. Here in Key Biscayne, you have the Seaquarium. If you like the beaches, you go to South Beach. If you want to people watch, you go to Ocean Drive. There are also so many nice, little restaurants. I like Lincoln Road a lot, which is like an artsy area meets crazy, funny people. There's a lot to do. Taking a bike around town is usually the easiest way to see things.

You’ll play two-time reigning champion Novak Djokovic next. How meaningful is it to get a crack at the World No. 1 at a huge event at this stage of your career?

For me, this is something I look forward to the most. The reason I'm playing is to play those big guys, on big courts, in front of packed crowds. It's very exciting. I'm really looking forward to it. It's something special. You do the hard yards and work to get to those matches.

Tommy Haas vs Alexandr Dolgopolov Miami 2013 Highlights
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:08:27 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tennis sensation at ATP-Masters in Miami!

Tommy Haas dispatches world No.1 Novak Djokovic at the Sony Open in Miami in two straight sets – 6:2, 6:4. Tommy felt satisfied after this outstanding performance against the defending Miami-Champion: “I'm just really happy and proud of that tonight, against such a great player who has been dominating the sport the past couple of years, I really took advantage of the opportunities I've gotten”.

Especially in the first set, Tommy left Djokovic without no chance, broke his service several times and allowed only two points by own service against him. In the second set, he could rely on his great routine and saved this amazing victory in 80 minutes.

Tommy: “These are the moments I appreciate the most, going on those big stadiums, big stages, playing against the best people in the world,” Haas said. “Playing against someone like Novak and coming out on top at this time of my career, it's unbelievable. It goes up as one of [the] best wins of my career. Miami is also sort of a late night loud crowd and I think they really appreciate good tennis”.

“All the credit to him. He played a great match and he was the better player, no question about it,” said Djokovic. For a place in the semi-finals, Haas will face Gilles Simon. The 11th seed overcame No. 7 seed Janko Tipsarevic 5-7, 6-2, 6-2.

„With this win I have given myself a nice present to my 35th birthday. I feel good and hope to win some further matches here in Miami” said Tommy winking.

Come On Tommy!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

^^^^so proud of this b.a.m.f!  :trampoline:

TOMMY HAAS