Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 87172 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
take a close look at your super sig. there is something blue in every single image.

either the surface or his shirt or his blue hat.

:)) :)) :gleam: :gleam:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
take a close look at your super sig. there is something blue in every single image.

either the surface or his shirt or his blue hat.

yep noticed it earlier. Makes it even more awesome.  :gleam: :gleam:
Also the sig is just about the right size, not too big, not too small.  :gleam:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
your ultra mega monster super sig rocks dude.  the colors are coordinated and even the strokes are coordinated.

next year we will work on a even better one.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
your ultra mega monster super sig rocks dude.  the colors are coordinated and even the strokes are coordinated.

next year we will work on a even better one.

aces!!!  :gleam:

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God

:gleam: :gleam:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
can you identify the player in this image general lugburz?

:)) :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Hehe it's 'probably' Germany's #1 currently?  :))

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
RG QF lost to Djokovic 3-6 6-7 5-7

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Press conf after QF match
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/2013-06-05/013f15b87ab800000d4f.html

Q: You beat him on hard courts recently. Different surface, different story. Maybe you expected a little bit more from you today?
TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, you know, you go out there with one thing in mind. You know, you try to play your game and use the chances when you get them. I felt like I had a few chances here and there that I didn't use today. That's, you know, crucial in these kind of matches, especially against the best player in the world.
Q. How do you feel about your French Open run this year?
TOMMY HAAS: Well, obviously, I mean, you know, it was incredible for me, no question about it. You know, I'll have some time next few days to look back and be proud of it. But now it's still in the moment of sort of being defeated in some ways and the run is over. But, you know, I was happy to be in this position and this situation to try to, you know, go further.
Q. In the last 12 months you have beaten both Novak and Roger. Going forward to the grass court season, does that give you encouragement?
TOMMY HAAS: Well, I mean, the whole last year gives me a lot of encouragement. The way I have been playing getting to my first quarters here at the French obviously is a great success for me. Yeah, different tennis coming up, which is nice for a change. Obviously love playing in Halle. I look forward to that. And I enjoy being on the grass. You know, going to be different tennis, shorter rallies, but looking forward to it.
Q. Yesterday Roger lost, and they were saying, Tsonga played great; with 31 years they say Roger is old. What is your opinion about that? Because, well, you're here.
TOMMY HAAS: 31 sounds pretty young, eh? (Laughter.) No, I mean, you know, I think he's always going to be in that tough situation. You know, Roger is obviously ‑ you know, I mean, the guy has achieved so much it's crazy. We'd be sitting here a long time talking about all that stuff. Every once in a while he loses in the quarters. It's almost like, Oh, what happened, right? How many people are playing this game that haven't even made it to a quarterfinals in a major and are good tennis players? It's a tough situation. He's 31. Obviously he's been playing at a very high level for a long time. You know, if he's physically healthy and mentally still ready, 31 means nothing.
Q. Can you bring your confidence in the grass court season?
TOMMY HAAS: I guess we'll see soon. But, you know, I'm really happy and excited to be in a position of being healthy to go to Halle next week and be the defending champion. It's something I couldn't do after 2009 because I was injured again. But this is very good. Yeah, I look forward to it. As long as I'm healthy and fit and good feeling, I'm looking forward to it. Should be fun.
Q. Talking about German tennis, Kohlschreiber is there; you are here also. But some juniors, they are working there or they are teaching people of other nationalities in the clubs?
TOMMY HAAS: They're working. Yeah, they're working hard, you know. There's a lot of actually some good talent in Germany. We have some good 17, 18, 19 years olds, in my opinion. But the next level through to the men's takes some time. Then you can tell, you know, I think, when you watch people that age who wants it and who doesn't really want it. There is a difference. I mean, everybody wants it, but you can tell if somebody has maybe the extra, you know, little thing that you need. You can tell in people's eyes, and then you have to have the right people around you to push you there. You know, I'm sure there will be hopefully someone coming up pretty soon.
Q. I'd like to ask you if you saw Novak play previously, and if you felt that he played differently or if he played with a different intensity against you today? And also, your thoughts on that mega semifinal.
TOMMY HAAS: On the mega what? About the match coming up?
Q. Yeah.
TOMMY HAAS: Well, you know, I think Novak is the No. 1 player in the world. He is playing terrific tennis. He's got a quest obviously to win this title. This is one that's missing for him. I necessarily thought he was picking a little bit more on my forehand when he was serving today. He was patient at times when he had to be and aggressive when he had to be. There is really not so much of a secret of how he plays or how I play. You know, we all know what we can do and, you know, what you want to do on the court sometimes. Sort of depends on certain situations and certain moments of the match.  And, you know, 4‑2 in the tiebreak in the second set I come in on a pretty good ball; I have a pretty good volley look; you miss it, and these are the moments that can change it. The next two points he came up with some great shots and puts me back on pressure right away.  When you don't win the big points against these type of guys, it gets very, very tough. But, yeah, obviously I think a lot of people in the tennis world are looking to the matchup coming up with Rafa and Novak. I'll definitely be watching and going to be enjoying it.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
excellent clay court pics.

:)) :))

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Second star on the “Walk of Fame” for Tommy Haas                                 Title defence set to begin               

The growing anticipation of the 21st GERRY WEBER OPEN could be read on the face of Tommy Haas. The defending champion cannot wait for the grass-court season to get underway in HalleWestfalen and he spoke at length at the qualifying-Sunday press conference about the his third adolescence in the twilight of his career, regeneration after the French Open and his next challenge, as well as the upcoming doubles with Roger Federer.
“I’m really proud to be able to be here this year to defend my title,” said Haas, who has been in Halle since Friday preparing for his 13th GERRY WEBER OPEN appearance. “You’re always excited when you send the first serves crashing down onto the grass. I still get excited like a little kid. Of course you need a few days before you get the timing right,” added the world number eleven. At the start of the week, Haas reached the quarter-finals of the French Open in Paris for the first time in his career. He has not had long to recover, but the German has used that time effectively. “You don’t notice the strain that much during the tournament because you don’t really have any time to think,” he said. “But the day after, you’re pretty worn out. It’s all about doing the best you can for the body and using your time well.” After Haas moved into the top four seeds following Rafael Nadal’s withdrawal, the Hamburg-born pro was able to enjoy a bit more rest by virtue of receiving a bye into the second round of the 21st GERRY WEBER OPEN, meaning he will not be in action until Wednesday at the earliest. In order to get used to the grass surface, Haas will be in action before then alongside Roger Federer in the doubles. “We’re both very good friends,” explained Haas. “Roger knew that I was looking for a doubles’ partner and he asked me. I would have been stupid to turn him down!” Haas is now looking forward to his first match alongside the Swiss against Jürgen Melzer and Philipp Petzschner.
The challenges in the singles are going to be equally great. “I’ve been drawn in a tough half,” said Haas. “I’m up against Gulbis or Baghdatis first, then it could be Milos Raonic, who is one of the best servers on the circuit. They’re not going to be easy tasks, but I’m looking forward to the challenge.” He then left the media behind as he headed down the Roger-Federer-Allee to lay the stone on the “Walk of Fame” for his second tournament victory in Halle. Whether that was just the first step towards a successful title defence will emerge in the days to come.

TOMMY HAAS