Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 92255 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Federer/Haas To Make Team Debut In Halle

Good friends Roger Federer and Tommy Haas will make their team debut at the Gerry Weber Open this week. The two have drawn two-time Grand Slam champions Jurgen Melzer and Philipp Petzschner in the first round.
ďI think he was looking to play doubles and knew that I was also looking. We talked about it and he was ready to go, so Iím very excited about it,Ē Haas told ATPWorldTour.com.
ďItís our first time playing together. It's great to do this at this time in our careers. I hope we can focus, as weíll probably have too much of a good time out there. It will be nice to play in front of some very enthusiastic fans and have a good doubles match, against Melzer and Petzschner, who are Grand Slam champions. It should be fun.Ē
Federer and Haas have combined to win eight titles at the ATP World Tour 250 grass-court event in Halle, with the Swiss winning five singles trophies and one doubles crown and the German triumphing twice in singles. Haas topped Federer in last yearís final.
The 31-year-old Federer will play his first doubles match since Switzerlandís Davis Cup World Group Play-off last year against the Netherlands. His latest doubles title came at the 2008 Beijing Olympics with countryman Stanislas Wawrinka.
The 35-year-old Haas is aiming to capture his second doubles trophy, having partnered Radek Stepanek to the 2009 San Jose crown. He has played doubles at eight tournaments this year.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:49:44 PM by Lugburz »
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Fed/Haas in doubles playing together

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
 :)) :)) :gleam: :gleam:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Halle 2nd Round win vs Gulbis 7-6 6-4

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Roger Federer & Tommy Haas Play Doubles In Halle 2013

Tommy Haas v Ernests Gulbis | Gerry Weber Open 2013

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Q: I had just had a verbal fight with Monfils about the weird ball in the match and I told him itís kind of a lack of respect for the opponent and he totally disagreed. He said the practiced that shot during the training time and it was for him the best way to win the point. Whatís your opinion?
HAAS: I mean thatís a way of looking at it. Heís an entertainer as well when he goes out there a lot of the times. He doesnít need to hit the shot that way. But I think he thought he can win it anyway. Itís his call. I mean itís strange I havenít seen it that many times. At the same time I donít remember how important the score was just of the top of the head, if itís 40:0 and you do something like this, maybe itís a good thing but itís his decision in the end. Thatís Gael.
Q: My question is it a lack of respect for the opponent or not?
HAAS: I donít know if thatís lack of respect. I think heís more of an entertainer in that sense and he wanted to do something entertaining for the crowd as well and maybe see if he can win that point that way. If he hit the smash well he still could have won the point, especially on grass heís in control of the point. I donít think necessarily itís lack of respect. You saw the crowd sort of really enjoyed it.
Q: And you?
HAAS: To me it was okay. You always try and think of something. Sometimes I think he can do a little bit too much with the crowd or he commentates after many points. That sometimes can be a little bit too much in my eyes. But overall heís a funny guy, heís a good entertainer. As long as he can stay focussed thatís the most important thing. I try to stay focussed and not pay too much attention but sometimes thatís not easy. But I donít think he shows disrespect to the opponent.
Q: Next round you are playing Federer. Your thoughts on that match?
HAAS: Itís been a year since we played each other. Same court which is great. Iím really looking forward to it obviously. Itís one of these biggest challenges you can ask for. So, Iím really pleased that I put myself in this position to be playing here in front of a sensational crowd. I definitely will have to have a good game plan, play really solid good percentage tennis and so does he. I think whoever wins the bigger points tomorrow and is a little bit more alert in the crucial points will win the match.
Q: Did you see his match today?
HAAS: Yes, I did. He played solid today, now question. He served really well, his forehand was looking good, he returned well, when he had to pass he did it well. He was looking good. I certainly hope to do better than Mischa Zverev did today.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
These days it seems Tommy has Roger's number. Should be a good match tomorrow.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
I think Tommy is an even better player in 2013 than he ever was

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Halle QF win vs Monfils 6-7 6-3 6-3

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Halle QF win vs Monfils 6-7 6-3 6-3

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Halle 2013 Friday Highlights Haas Monfils

Hass Vs Monfils Halle Open 2013 QF Full Match [HD]

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Halle SF loss vs Federer 6-3 3-6 4-6

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

Q: Four consecutive weeks of tournaments for you. Is it catching up on you?
HAAS: I wouldnít say so necessarily. Iím enjoying playing matches. Thatís for me actually also the best sort of practice. Obviously having done well at the French Open is something I didnít really expect to get that far. But Iíll have next week off to sort of do some training again in the gym and get ready mentally and physically for Wimbledon. So, I have a little bit of a break.
Q: Today the turnaround was very quick. You were up a set and then down a break. What happened?
HAAS: I took the first punch I guess in the first set with the break, served it out. In the second set I think he played the first three games extremely well. The ball bounced very close in the corners, very close to the lines. He played all of a sudden a little bit more aggressive I think wanting to change up his style of play a little bit and it paid off. He played aggressively. There wasnít much I could have done about the break that I got. From then on he also served extremely well. Every time when there was a chance, maybe 15:30 or even 15 all, he served and placed the ball extremely well. I didnít have many looks really during his service games. The third set was very similar. Maybe I had a slight chance at 1:0. He came up with the goods again, I challenged the ball, I do the first serve and just touch by a hair and these are the moments. These are the big points and I couldnít do it. Then I played again maybe a little bit careless and he took advantage of it and that was it.
Q: So, how would you rate Federer? Would you pick him as the favourite for Wimbledon?
HAAS: Well, you always have to in some ways. Heís the defending champion. So, in my eyes he is the favourite. The results of his past many years on grass speak for themselves. I think he needs this confidence. Heís probably going to win the title here in Halle once again and he will be one of the favourites if not the favourite for Wimbledon.
Q: How do you rate your chances for Wimbledon after this week?
HAAS: I always look at the draw and check who my first opponent is and then, the first match is the most important. Anything else doesnít count for me. I think itís important for me to train and keep fit until then and get mentally fresh, too. The first match is always the most difficult for me because you never know how things will go. Itís best of five. In any case I would like to do better than last year. Thatís my goal.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Roger Federer Vs Tommy Haas SF HIGHLIGHTS ATP HALLE 2013 [HD]

Roger Federer vs Tommy Haas ATP Halle 2013 Gerry Weber Open Germany 2013 Semifinal Full Match

TOMMY HAAS