Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 75948 times)

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Krist from rf.com went there and that's some of her pictures she took:

In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Cincy 3rd Round loss to Fed 6-1 5-7 3-6

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Roger Federer vs Tommy Haas Cincinnati 2013 3R Full Highlights

TOMMY HAAS

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Practicing yet again  with Roger

TOMMY HAAS

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
USO 1st Rnd win vs PH.Mathieu 6-4 6-4 6-1

TOMMY HAAS

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
USO 1st Rnd win vs PH.Mathieu 6-4 6-4 6-1

TOMMY HAAS

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy Haas vs Paul Henri Mathieu ~ Highlights ~ US Open 2013 R1)

TOMMY HAAS

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
USO 2nd Round win vs Y.H.Lu  6-3 6-4 7-6(3)

TOMMY HAAS

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
USO 2nd Round win vs Y.H.Lu  6-3 6-4 7-6(3)

TOMMY HAAS

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
An interview with: TOMMY HAASFriday, August 30, 2013
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2013-08-30/201308301377888934631.html

Q.  First of all, just talk about the match.  Are you pleased with the way things went out there?

TOMMY HAAS: Yes, always happy with the W.  Overall I thought I played a pretty solid match.  You know, a few things here and there.  I think you can always do better and always be a critic in this kind of sport, but, you know, overall pretty happy that I pulled out the second set. Third set was sort of similar where I had sort of things in command, up a break, he breaks back, another break, and breaking me back again. So he played tough.  I felt like if I didn't place my serve very well he was on top of it and he was starting to risk a little bit more and take the balls early.  He's a tough competitor, so I knew it was going to be tough to the end. I was pleased with the end of the match, and especially the tiebreak.  I played some good tennis there.

Q.  You're playing your 16th...

TOMMY HAAS:  Yeah, 16.

Q.  I think more than anybody in the draw.

TOMMY HAAS: Yeah.

Q.  Talk about what you can gain.  People look at age a lot and put a lot of emphasis on age and deteriorating skills and so forth.  But with age comes experience.  Do you find that that is working in your favor here, especially going into week 2?

TOMMY HAAS: Yes and no.  You know, I guess it's always a new day, always a new battle.  It comes down in the end of performing well at that certain time, performing better than your opponent, winning those big points, and being hungry to try to win matches, which that's never a problem for me. It's just about executing the right things, you know, and being prepared and just trying to go out there and do it. Obviously really happy to have played two solid matches now, and that gives you confidence going into the third round.  Obviously tough opponent again who is also experienced.  Just going to go out there and try to be ready for that and do my best to try to win that match.

Q.  I know you have battled injury throughout your career.  At 35 years old, seems like you have hit, I don't know, maybe a little bit of a fountain of youth.  You're playing some solid tennis right now.  Just talk about the state of your...

TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, I mean, look, I don't know.  I don't know the statistic in many other sports, but I think people in the mid 30s can still do some of their best times.  If you look at maybe triathletes or even the ironmans, those are the guys in my age or even older and they're doing their best times ever. It's always about being smart, about how you train and what you do off the court.  And if your body allows you to do all that stuff, then it's really up to you in many ways.  It takes just discipline and work. You know, if you put all that together and you try your best at doing that, you know, I think it gives you a lot of chances.  If you look at some former champions, even like Andre Agassi when he was 34, 35, 36, what high level he was playing, it was inspirational for me at that time. Other people have done it in their late 30s as well.  Look at Jimmy Connors when he was 39.  Those moments stick out in your brain.  The game also has gotten more physical, and there is no question that the body can only take so much. You know, as long as you keep trying and pushing as much as you can, who knows where it can take you?  For me, it's been definitely worth every little time that I have dedicated to it.

Q.  You have seen quarterfinal action here but it's been a few years.  How hungry are you to get back to having those moments where you can get into the quarters or better?

TOMMY HAAS:  I would love to.  Obviously I was happy and pleased I got to my first quarterfinal in the French Open this year, and a few points different in the second set against Djokovic maybe I would have had another set. Obviously different, but it was going to be tough no matter what.  Putting yourself in a position to get further and to try to get the W, that's where you want to be.  That's where I'm at right now, so it's just a matter of seeing where it takes you.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #1330 on: September 06, 2013, 11:58:52 PM »
tommy looks quite fit in those pictures general lugburz.

:gleam: :gleam:

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)
« Reply #1331 on: September 18, 2013, 09:01:42 PM »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline gary

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1332 on: October 07, 2013, 02:33:20 AM »
He just looks perfect on the court. Why didn't he get hottest male title yet?

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #1333 on: October 16, 2013, 06:48:44 PM »
excellent pics general lugburz.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #1334 on: October 29, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »
what up general. get your sorry arse to Camelot elite tennis society once in a while and say hello.

emma has been asking about you mate.

is tommy haas amazing or what? this dude is pushing 36 and he looks 25.

and he is snatching titles on the atp tour. this is the most demanding sport under the sun.

see you soon.

http://www.camelotelitetennis.com/index.php

we made some improvements. Camelot is looking a lot more organized now.

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1335 on: October 31, 2013, 09:20:54 AM »
what up general. get your sorry arse to Camelot elite tennis society once in a while and say hello.

emma has been asking about you mate.

is tommy haas amazing or what? this dude is pushing 36 and he looks 25.

and he is snatching titles on the atp tour. this is the most demanding sport under the sun.

see you soon.

http://www.camelotelitetennis.com/index.php

we made some improvements. Camelot is looking a lot more organized now.

Hey general, check your pm mate, you'll see why I can't be online.

See you all soon guys..

TOMMY HAAS

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1336 on: January 08, 2014, 12:58:28 AM »
New tennis season is ON and I missed some of it including Tommy yesterday but I'm back after break from forums  :)~

Hoping you're all doing great!

TOMMY HAAS

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1337 on: January 31, 2014, 06:25:22 PM »
Haas aiming for ATP World Tour Finals with new coach

Tommy Haas has turned to fellow countryman Alexander Waske to guide him to further success in 2014.
The veteran continues to defy his age and his dedication to the game has helped him to reestablish himself as one of the very best players in the world. Currently ranked No. 12 in the ATP, the German has recently acquired the services of coach Waske, who he hopes can help him to achieve his goal of qualifying for the ATP World Tour Finals at the end of the year.

“We have set the season-ending Barclays ATP World Tour Finals as our mutual objective,” said Haas. "I want to win titles again this season. That of course requires physical fitness and also in this area Alex is a meticulous worker.”</blockquote>

Haas knows Waske well and is convinced that his 38-year-old compatriot is the man to help him meet his targets. The two players even competed together in the Davis Cup and the ATP World Team Championship, which they won as a pairing in 2005.

"We have played Davis Cup together earlier and he knows exactly how I am functioning from back then,” continued Haas. “Alex can push and motivate extremely well during practice and matches.”</blockquote>

After winning the ATP World Tour Comeback Player of the Year award in 2012, Haas continued to excel in 2013, picking up ATP titles in Vienna and Munich. Thanks to achievements such as this he's once again the German No. 1. It will be intriguing to see how well he performs in 2014, and how long he can continue to compete to such a high standard.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1338 on: February 01, 2014, 10:32:55 AM »
Qualifying for YEC is a lofty goal!
It will be interesting to see if his new coach can push him towards the top.
CONK da ball!!!

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1339 on: February 01, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »
Tommy and Kohli together in doubles  :gleam:

TOMMY HAAS