Author Topic: Lugburz's Journal...  (Read 12252 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: Lugburz's Journal.(hell of a day!)
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 11:35:04 AM »
You can do it!   :)

:( I've been beaten....again.... :\  still looking for my second victory,hope it will be worth to write some review  ;-()

Don't worry Lugburz, once you pass him and start beating him on a regular basis, there will be no looking back!  Youth is on your side. 

I play my father too and he used to kill me when we started.  Now he has trouble with me and I usually win, which makes me feel bad for him because his knees are not what they used to be.  He was quite a player back in the day.  All I can say is enjoy that you get to play with your dad, because most people never get to experience that...

As for those 5 setters, that is hard-core tennis junkie behavior.  I like it...
Thanks pal,I'll do anything to beat him  :)) And I am glad that I can still play with him,but I don't get it,I have perfect play against him it's just...maybe to many UE' ...  Next time I'll win  ;-() ,and yes I like those 5 setters,but last time we played only two  :\  5-7 4-6  :mad1:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:51 PM »
For a long time, my dad had a huge mental advantage over me,  He had beaten me so many times that he just seemed to know he would win, and I usually knew I would lose.  You are probably feeling some of that.  Nowadays, I feel that I will win every match and that mental advantage he used to have is gone.  Of course, there is always the possibility that he is simply better than you right now.  If that's the case, you will eventually pass him talent-wise.  It's just a matter of time. 
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 12:34:31 PM »
For a long time, my dad had a huge mental advantage over me,  He had beaten me so many times that he just seemed to know he would win, and I usually knew I would lose.  You are probably feeling some of that.  Nowadays, I feel that I will win every match and that mental advantage he used to have is gone.  Of course, there is always the possibility that he is simply better than you right now.  If that's the case, you will eventually pass him talent-wise.  It's just a matter of time. 

Definitely you're right about that one!  There are days that I am so sure I'll win and...still nothing...I guess I just have to play no matter what,and focus on game..Also mental advantage that you mention is very important ! I am sure when I gain that there will be no problem beating him  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 07:09:17 AM »
Just came home after good 2 hours of tennis..Played with my father and his pal...It wasn't so serious but I managed to get some sets...After all I haven't played for about 2 months and I am satisfied the way how I played today...My serve seems to improved a lot,along with backhand...It is just how you can relax your hand..and footwork...lot of footwork--and of course the main thing...preparation ! Hope one of these days will be more action of tennis for me as the school has started so that numerous kids won't be coming...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 07:39:01 AM »
good stuff!   Now we gotta get you on those courts more often.   ;-()

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 02:17:17 PM »

That's a rite of passage that I've seen many times amongst fathers and sons I have known. It's tough on Dad when it comes to pass!  :scared:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 08:50:02 AM »
I really don't remember the last time when I was so pissed off on tennis court like 2 days ago...Everything started well,I was playing so good vs my father,I mean the real tennis...I took the first set after TB drama 76(5),but he took next one 57...Then we were all tide 1-1...I lost the 3rd set 46 when he came to the net to shake  hand with me...Then I said:''Hey I though we are going to play in 3sets win?!'' Then he said:''OK,no problem'' And then,we started to play the 4th set,and he was so dominant,but still I succeed to re-break some games...And after beautiful one-handed backhand winner I took the 4th set 76(9)....And then,that furious anger came from me as he came to the net to shake my hand...He said:''That's it,I can't play anymore''...Then I respond so soft,but again with a huge rage inside me:''Come on it's 2-2,what I did this for nothing??!!''...Then he just said:''Sorry''...I mean if he was so tired I  would recognize it,but I am thinking  he did that because I was so playing well,and he thought I would crash him in the 5th...If that would be the case I had all the reasons to be angry!!  :mad1:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:04:04 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 11:46:57 PM »
I really don't remember the last time when I was so pissed off on tennis court like 2 days ago...Everything started well,I was playing so good vs my father,I mean the real tennis...I took the first set after TB drama 76(5),but he took next one 57...Then we were all tide 1-1...I lost the 3rd set 46 when he came to the net to shake  hand with me...Then I said:''Hey I though we are going to play in 3sets win?!'' Then he said:''OK,no problem'' And then,we started to play the 4th set,and he was so dominant,but still I succeed to re-break some games...And after beautiful one-handed backhand winner I took the 4th set 76(9)....And then,that furious anger came from me as he came to the net to shake my hand...He said:''That's it,I can't play anymore''...Then I respond so soft,but again with a huge rage inside me:''Come on it's 2-2,what I did this for nothing??!!''...Then he just said:''Sorry''...I mean if he was so tired I  would recognize it,but I am thinking  he did that because I was so playing well,and he thought I would crash him in the 5th...If that would be the case I had all the reasons to be angry!!  :mad1:

I think Lugburz is trying to permanently disable his father!    :)>>>>  Let him live to play another day Lug...   :)
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 07:00:37 AM »
2 months off!!!???!!!  I took like 4 days off this week and I was feeling the withdraw!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 08:19:27 AM »
But the problem is that I wasn't playing any sport for 2 months...My father plays football(soccer) every day ! In our town,situation with tennis is awful...Only 3 courts...And are taken all day..A lot of kids are waiting in a queue,and we don't get much chance to play tennis for about 3 hours...And when we manage to play,then he did that to me  :Confused: Maybe you're right,but if we agrees that we'll play in five,I want to be so... :\ Nevermind,next time,I know I can beat him easily,and seems that he is lot nervous now when I put a lot more resistance  :Sword Fight:  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 09:17:11 AM »
And again,but this time I was less pissed off when my father and I had to stop playing after 2-2  :whistle: But this time it wasn't his fault,so this is another riddle for me ,because I was leading 2-0 when he stroke back to 2-2...It was good match,I've taken first two with comfortable 7-6(3) and 60;-() If that situation was in his counts than maybe he would in that case shake a hand with me  :whistle:  :) but I will never know,I guess...
but this time we had to step away because the court was taken by coach and he had to do his job  :\

Anyway,I was pleased how I played that day and from now on..I have no fears...Show him no fear,show him no mercy !  :cheer:  :))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 09:18:09 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 09:23:41 AM »
To play confidently and with no fear is a wonderful achievement! :thumbs-up:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 09:27:42 AM »

as I have said,that shouldn't be a problem from now on  :) as along as I can take first two sets,because in that case I am sure that we'll play in five...My father won't let me get away with an easy win...So when he is winning and I strike back to 2-2,he came up with an excuse that he can't play anymore(knowing that he is so close to loosing)  :\ 

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »

as I have said,that shouldn't be a problem from now on  :) as along as I can take first two sets,because in that case I am sure that we'll play in five...My father won't let me get away with an easy win...So when he is winning and I strike back to 2-2,he came up with an excuse that he can't play anymore(knowing that he is so close to loosing)  :\ 
I think one of the keys to good tennis is to play confidently regardless of the score! :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 09:32:38 AM »

I think one of the keys to good tennis is to play confidently regardless of the score! :)

So GodDamn true ! ..good point...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 09:09:02 AM »
Hm,I played doubles 2 days ago..With father as my partner... ..-) There's been a lot of time since I've played one but I was satisfied how it worked for me as I was dead-sick...But I couldn't let down my father as he arranged that match,so I had to play even being sick..
Anyway,one double match can't harm you as there ain't so much running and sweating all over the court..We were beaten that day 2-3 in sets,but everything was great,so my father was pretty satisfied with our display,knowing that I was really ill...
Doubles are pretty funny when you want to try different things,but nothing of that can be compared when I play my father  :wicked:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: Lugburz's Journal...
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 10:49:33 AM »
Hey,I played my father once again yesterday ! I don't know how we always end up in five sets ?! Well at least,when he was defeating me with ease that was ending up in straights..But everytime I put some resistance that has to be in five...
Anyway ,I played perfectly yesterday and I won the match 3-2 in sets (3-6;7-6;4-6;6-3;7-5;) It was once again beautiful match,and perfect tennis if I can add..And even to be more dramatic I was loosing 2-5 in fifth ! Than I played like I have nothing to lose and that was just amazing come back..
Recently we have been playing in the morning due to problems with too crowded courts...We have some peace in the morning as we are the only ones on courts along with big Irish family that came to Montenegro to train...And I can tell you that kid is a killer  :)
Anyway,what we have had was perfect(my father and myself) but is coming to an end..As I will be off for Belgrade in 2 days for studying and working...I will be pleased that I can play there with my friends,but I'll miss the matches vs father  ;-() Of course we'll play when I am back but not as we used to.....
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 10:51:30 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 10:54:25 AM »
It's cool that you get to play against your father. My father sucks, that last time I played against him I was 8 and I won ..-)
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2008, 10:58:11 AM »
It's cool that you get to play against your father. My father sucks, that last time I played against him I was 8 and I won ..-)

well.... :rofl_2: you must be real killer then ! beating your father when you were 8  :)
But it's cool I guess,he's now 48,or somethin' and we usually have great fun,although he accepts defeat pretty hardly  :)) 

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2008, 01:25:54 PM »

well.... :rofl_2: you must be real killer then ! beating your father when you were 8  :)
But it's cool I guess,he's now 48,or somethin' and we usually have great fun,although he accepts defeat pretty hardly  :)) 

It's more the case that my father just wasn't very good, he could hardly keep the ball in play. He has gotten better since then but I still can't play a serious match against him. He's the coolest guy I know, but a crappy tennis player.
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.