Tennis4you Quiz #004 - Equipment Quiz
1. Which of the following string combinations produces the most power?
(Assumming all the string is the same string type of string except for the guage.)
16 guage strings strung at 60 pounds
17 guage string strung at 50 pounds
16 guage string strung at 55 pounds
15 guage string strung at 70 pounds
2. Complete the following statement: The larger the racquet head the more:
Control you get from your shots
Spin you get from your shots
Power you get from your shots
Flexible your racquet is.
3. What type of strings are the stiffest and least flexible/resilience?
They are all the same
4. Complete the following statement: The thinner the strings:
The more power and less spin you will get
The less spin and less power you will get
The less spin and more control you wil get
The more power and more spin you will get
5. Balls with extra-duty felt are designed primarily for use on what type of court?
All of the above
6. The less strings you have in your racquet, the less spin you get when you hit the ball, True or False?
7. Complete the following statement: The more flexible your racquet is:
The less shock and more vibration you will get
The more vibration and more shock you will get
The less shock and less vibration you will get
The less vibration and more shock you will get
8. Where do you want to add lead tape to your racquet if you want more power?
Add weight at 6 o'clock on the racquet head
Add weight at 9 & 3 o'clock on the racquet head
Add weight at 6 & 12 12 o'clock on the racquet head
Add weight at 12 o'clock on the racquet head
9. What is the standard length of an adult racquet?
25 inches long
26 inches long
27 inches long
28 inches long
10. Strings lose elasticity with time, one type of string faster, another type of string slower. As a good rule of thumb, how long should you keep a set of strings in your racquet before you cut them out and replace them?
Never, it doesn't matter
To see the correct answers to this quiz